14 March, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicole!

Our favorite blog reader's birthday is today so I couldn't resist giving Nicole a birthday shout-out!

Happy Birthday Nicole...

You don't look a day over twelve years old!


I've known Nicole for about six years now, and we've had some really fun times.

*Hanging out at the park for hours {before we had yards}, with Nicole getting second-degree burns and me being completely fine. {Oops! I guess I should have warned you Nicole about my olive skin. I don't burn too easily. My bad.}

*Pepper Spray Debacle at Shari's Restaurant with Nicole high-tailing it out of there and me a deer in headlights who won't leave the pepper spray-filled restaurant because I hadn't paid my bill yet.

*Me always calling Nicole for directions when I get lost somewhere. Who needs a Tom Tom when I've got Nicole?

*Nicole driving me around at night because I'm not the best night driver. It's our version of Driving Miss Daisy.

* 6 words---Grand Coulee Dam Laser Light Show


31 Fun Nicole Facts--

1. She grew up in Kirkland, WA

2. She is one of 8 kids

3. Her parents just went on a mission to Auckland, New Zealand

4. She is crazy good with numbers---she can memorize phone numbers, license plates, and addresses like nobody's business

5. Her husband is a plumber

6. She has 3 kids--
Tyler: friendly, soooo smart, and a talker {gee, where's he get that from?}
Nick: full of energy, all boy
Zoe: quiet, happy, so sweet

7. She graduated from Ricks in Office Education

8. She was hit by a car

9. She graduated from Walla Walla High School

10. Her biggest phobia is people grabbing her ankles

11. When she first moved here, she worked at Target

12. She's trying out for The Biggest Loser

13. Growing up, her family drove a baby blue van with airplane seats

14. She had preeclampsia with Zoe so she delivered her 8 weeks early

15. She had a childhood crush on The Hoff

16. She's always the first one to have or try out new products.

17. She has the best ringtones

18. She's a phone talker and loves caller ID

19. favorite phrases--totally, seriously, what on earth?

20. She likes to assemble things

21. She is the Enrichment Leader and loves her new calling

22. She always runs a smidge late {I can say this because I do too.}

23. Someday she may go back to school to be a neonatal nurse

24. She makes really good chicken cordon bleu

25. She currently baby-sits in the VERY EARLY morning

26. Her family is constantly at the dentist

27. She likes to play video games

28. She is a social butterfly and girls night out planner

29. She is an awesome scrapbooker/paper crafter and has a scrapbook supply collection I completely drool over.

30. She's a rockin' mom--She has one of the best parent/child relationships that I know of. Her kids know they can ask her anything and she always says the right thing when answering their questions. In fact, I've filed away many of her answers in my brain so that when my kids ask those questions, I'll know what to say.

31. She is an amazing friend---I know that everyone who knows her, loves her, and we all count ourselves so lucky to have her as our friend.

HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS DAY, NICOLE!!!

21 comments:

dandee said...

Yay! Happy birthday Nicole!

Kris said...

Hey, Nicole, we don't each other, but I've seen you with Lindsay. Question for you. What year were you at Ricks? It's killing me. I was there 97-99 and graduated from Office Education too! I too love my phone and caller ID. I have a son named Tyler and I think we have a lot of things in common. You sound great. I hope you have a Wonderful Birthday! We should hook up!

tharker said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!

This list was fantastic. I didn't know about your phobia, now I must know more! One of my other favorite things about you Nicole is your laugh. It is absolutely contagious. LOVE it! I can totally hear you saying totally, seriously, and what in the world? You rock girl!

Oh yeah, I was so impressed that day at the school when you rattled off my license plate number to me! I didn't even know it, so thanks!!! I love ya, and have had so much fun getting to know you these past few years. Have a fabulous birthday!

Megan said...

happy birthday nicole. truly one of the funnest people I know!
have a great one

Jan said...

Love Nicole. She is so great. I hope you have a wonderful day today. I promise I will not ever grab your ankles or hit you with my car. That was a great list. Entertaining, informative and full of love. Thanks.

Shayla said...

Happy, happy birthday Nicole! I hope it's a wonderful birthday week...or is it birthday month? :-)

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!

One of my favorite things about you is that you are genuine. Although I don't know you really well, every time I have been around you, you have been kind, and sweet, and it felt easy to get to know you.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

PRP said...

Great list Lindsay!

Happy birthday Nicole! You are everything Lindsay said and more and I adore you. Hope your day is awesome!

meohmyers said...

Happy Birthday! Now that you're IN your 30s, any thoughts?

Hope you're having a great birthday week. You are loved!

Ms. Kristen said...

Wow...what a great friend you are Lindsay! Nicole could have another list longer...she is a great person! So sad we are not in the same ward!

Alicia Leppert said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! You are the greatest. I love how we can go for weeks (months?) without talking to each other and then when we do, we're like 13 year old girls babbling away, trying to catch up and it's like there was no time apart. You are such a wonderful friend and I sincerely hope you have the best day (watching my kid.)

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Ok Now I know what I'm missing! Nicole, Happy Birthday. Umm I don't really know you very well but I'm totally feeling deprived of an awesome friend! I Hope your birthday is wonderful and I hope we can get to know each other before your next one. How’s that for a wish :) This is where I break into song but, I’ll spare you because I don't want to scare you off just yet.
Lindsay, seriously? You are an amazing friend. What a way to honor you pal. Good looking out girl.

Stacia said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! I still remember that crop where we stayed til the sun came up and laughed and had soo much fun. You ARE a great friend and I learned a few things about you! :)

Thanks for posting this Lindsay!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! You know I love you. I think you are one of the friendliest ladies I know. How on earth do you know Tiffani's license plate number?
And Lindsay, you're a fabulous friend for acknowledging Nicole on her special day.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

WOW, how fun is this? Lindsay you are the best friend a girl could ever ask for!!! I've been feeling the love all day long! I kind of feel like I just won an Oscar....here are the answers to your questions:

Kris - I went to Ricks from 95-97. How funny that you were an OE major too. I must ask what your deifinition of hooking up is? LOL. too funny.

Kim - no thoughts - just hope to make it to 32 I guess. Sorry, I'm not very deep thinking these days;)

Nikki - that is a very fun wish. Here's to making at least 2 new friends this next year.

Debbie - I'm weird. People's vans look so similiar that the number portion of my brain has taken to memorizing parts of the license. It's sick, I know, but it has saved me from waving at the wrong people plenty of times.


Anyway, thanks for all of the Birthday wishes. I am touched by all of your sweet and thoughtful comments. I have the best friends ever!!!

Heather said...

Happy b=day! 1

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!
It is fun getting to know more about Nicole!

Kate said...

Oh! I think I am a bit late....but....HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!! :)

Sara said...

A big huge birthday hug! Happy Birthday Nicole!

AOlson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!! HOPE IT WAS A GREAT ONE!!