This is why I can't consistently read books. I cease to be a functioning member of society. I'll have to hurry up and finish the books I checked out so my kids can have their mother back. Also, I'm sure Jared would be happy if I got a chore done for the day.
It's that time of year again. Easter. And with Easter, comes Easter Candy. I heart Easter Candy like nobody's business. Normally, I love me some Robin's Eggs, Cadbury Creme Eggs, and Cadbury Mini-eggs, but this year I discovered Cadbury Royal Dark Mini-Eggs. For a dark chocolate lover like myself, they are a dream! Ooh, the dark chocolate inside, hard candy shell outside, bite-size goodness--I can't get enough! I clearly have a love affair going on with these Cadbury Dark Mini-Eggs. Thank goodness Easter is only a week away because while I love the folks at Cadbury, my hips do not.
***
Dinnertime conversation {Sunday night}:Me: "So Kaiya, what did you learn today in Primary?"
Kaiya: "Oh, I wasn't paying attention." {Niiice, Kaiya.}
Me: "What did you talk about in class?"
Jared interrupting: "Kaiya, what does it say at the top of your paper that you brought home?"
Kaiya: "It says Kaiya." {Or I am Thankful for Trees, which was your lesson today, Kaiya!}
{Carson, having just finished reading a book called, "Oggie Cooder" which is about a kid who is a "charver" or cheese carver, who likes to carve things out of cheese.}
Carson: "Look, I'm a charver! I just charved Tennessee out of my fish!"
Me: "Wow! Can you keep eating now?"
Carson: "Look! I just charved Maine and Kentucky! Which state do you want to eat?
Me: "Uh, since you just charved these states out of fish with your teeth and have your spit and fingers all over them, I think I'll pass."
Mmm...Yummy. Appetizing dinner, great conversation--who wants to have dinner at our house?
22 comments:
If there is charving involved count us in!!
Yummy! Puts a whole new spin on finger foods.
your kids are amazingly funny. it was so good to see them on saturday..oh no wait...you guys weren't home when i stopped by and rang the doorbell a bunch of times, and then had to walk to your backdoor in the sand to show aubrey how cute your house was...pretty sure i emailed jared to see if you guys would be home....hahahaha. nah kim said that they were probably at target and eating when aubs and i stopped by around 7-ish.
Your kids conversations are so funny! You guys sound like you have a great time around the the dinner table! I love me some charved states! :)
I LOOOOOVE cadbury mini eggs, milk chocolate, please. i am thankful that they are only available for a few weeks in the spring--due to the way they pack onto my rear. however, last christmas I found Christmas cadbury balls, red, green and white candy coating on that delightful chocolate center--heaven!
That is too funny :) I love dinner time conversation, keeps life interesting!
I'm not proud. I'll still come for dinner!
I love that Kaiya admitted to not paying attention. Almost like she was bragging. Classic!
Pass the Cadbury eggs please.
Lindsay Dear. Why oh why did you have to tell me about the DARK Cadbury eggs. I was going along smoothly passing the candy ignoring the milk chocolate easily and now I have to find out about these. Now I will have to run pass the isle and hope I make it without temptations. Ha. Fat chance thanks. I want your kids over and teach Mattie her States. They make it fun. The little charvers.
I am glad you are getting some you time in with your books. Cadbury is the Bain of my existence and your kids are freaking hilarious! Thanks for the update I was missing you.
There's nothing better than good books, good candy and charved fish states.
I'll take the milk chocolate variety also. Cadbury is the spawn of Satan! But the good kind ;)
Your children's conversations could be the stuff of a movie script. They are SO funny!
I love it!! The charging reminds me of a way fun game that Carson and I played over and over again in the car in New England. He would draw a state on my hand with his finger and I would have to guess what it was. He was loving it, but I was never able to guess without him basically telling me what it was. He thought it was so obvious. Maybe after he masters charving, he could work on drawing the states.
I'll come for dinner, but I will have to brush up on my states geography trivia first so I won't be unprepared. I can make a mean Deleware.
So what books are you reading that have you so drawn in?
I'm sure I gain weight every Easter, I love the candy! Not a good thing, especially this year since I'm still packing baby weight around, ugh! But I love Cadbury so!
Your kids are hilarious. At least there's conversation. Lately it seems like I'm just yelling at dinner for everyone to eat their food. I hate complaining at the table, at least I cooked right?
Love how Carson is still obsessed with states. What books have you been reading?
I'm totally with you on the start a book and let the world carry on around me. That's why I stick to magazines, short articles. Good for you though, I need to finish a book I started months ago.
Ohhh, and the Cadbury's. Give me the milk chocolate ones, YUM!
Wow, that sounds like dinner at our house. Glad someone else enjoys these fun little moments, aren't kids entertaining as long as we remember to laugh :)!
I love Easter candy. I might have to steal some from the Easter bunny this year. I'm glad your family enjoys entertaining dinner conversation, it sure makes life fun!
Chsrved fish that is great!. I just bought myself the cadbury eggs and when I got it home I realized it was dark, but they are great.
I am a lover of dark chocolate too. I think I will pick up a bag of those little delights that you mentioned....mmmm.....
I also have a deep love affair with the Cadbury mini-eggs, but have not bought any in the last 2 years. I am so glad that they are only around at Easter!! How sad is it that I just finished the same book as Carson. Send him over and we will charve some cheese together.
Post a Comment