Yesterday I gave Carson $5 to purchase a hat. There are a variety of hats to choose from, with stripes of all different colors.
This is what he came home with:
Pretty swell, huh! Carson came to the car yesterday all excited. Carson said, "Isn't it great! What's better than a striped hat? One with checkers!"
The picture doesn't even do it justice. It's a bright yellow, green, and purple-checked hat. So maybe it's the least attractive hat of the bunch and Carson's style has much to be desired. He's absolutely pumped though, so that's all that matters. Besides, according to Sis. Montierth in her talk last night, "Style can be learned." Phew!
17 comments:
That sounds like a fun day at school and that's neat they had hats you could buy. I can tell that Carson is pretty enthusiastic about his choice of head wear. I think it's important that kids like to read and see their parents reading as well.
They were so cute in the car this morning. He looked great!
Ha ha... the hat looks cool!! It's almost as good as his dancing moves. :)
Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish that they would do fun things like that at our school! I LOVE the hat. I can see how that would make his day. So fun, and that's a great picture!
I love how Carson knows he looks great in his pimpin' checked hat! Love that kid and I'm always amazed at what an incredible reader he is. He has always loved books and absorbs so much from them. Love you, kiddo! Gma
Our school celebrates the same way with the Dr. Seuss inspired hats as well. Very fun.
I bet Carson made Dirty South really proud with the pimpin' hat.
I think we have every Suess hat around here except the traditional red and white. I think its great when they see what they want and go for it knowing that we are somewhat miffed.
So very funny, gotta love how kids have their own unique style.
Maybe he will be a trend setter- we will be seeing those hats all over the place soon.
What a rockstar!
I like the purple, green and yellow checked hat! Last year I was with Macy when she bought hers so I could "lead" her in the right direction. I hate that the true red and white ones have to be diagonal-striped because of copyright laws. So annoying. How cute would it be for them to all walk around with true cat in the hat red striped ones?
Good choice in hats, Carson. Anything with purple is great for me!
He looks happy with his choice! I love that the school does this. It is so much fun for the kids. Or I should say for the kids that CHOOSE to wear their hats. Yeah. I gave Josh 5 bucks to buy one, and he was so pumped about it. Then yesterday, he came out of school without his hat and I asked him where it was. He told me it was in his backpack. So I said, "Well, I'm sure it looked really cool during class". To which he answered, "No, I was to shy to wear it." So it sat IN his backpack the entire time. That little stinker!
I think Jacob bought the same hat. It would be fun to get them all together and take a picture of them all in their cool hats!
your blog is hilarious. my 6 year old boy thought that carson dacing was "so cool". our babies are really close in age. mine was born on nov 20. shes very chubby too.
Carson is so big now. I haven't seen him in forever. Love the hat. Brynn got one too. Her's isn't quite as "COOL" as Carson's though.
I love that he enjoys reading!!
Post a Comment