20 February, 2008

Yep, I've been tagged too!

10 years ago...

I was at Washington State University going to school and contemplating whether or not I wanted to join the church.

5 things on my list today...
{It's the end of the day so nothing too exciting.}
1. See Total Lunar Eclipse with Carson
2. Put kids to bed
3. Feed Chloe, Feed Chloe, Feed Chloe...{hey, she didn't get those cheeks on her own...}
4. Write Thank you notes
5. Fold Laundry

Snacks I enjoy
Ice cream {anything with chocolate}, hot chocolate, cookies {homemade or oreos}, cereal {Ohs or Reese's Puffs}

What I would do if I were suddenly a millionaire
I would pay off my house, invest the money for retirement and kids' college educations...ooh, and finally decorate my house!

3 Bad Habits
1. I procrastinate {I already mentioned this in a previous post, so I'll spare you the details again. No one likes a repeater.}
2. I'm a complainer. Yep, I can complain like nobody's business. Ask Jared---He'll vouch for me.
3. I can be overly sensitive...and I'm a crier...I actually get crying hangovers.

5 Places I've Lived
1. Seoul, Korea
2. Moses Lake, WA
3. Pullman, WA
4. Provo, UT
5. Murray, UT

5 Jobs I've Had
1. Hostess at Dennys
2. Receptionist
3. Telemarketer
4. Kiosk salesperson selling games
5. Shoe salesperson at Payless Shoes

5 Things People Don't Know About Me
1. I was a boy band groupie--I've been to SEVERAL NSync concerts and a 98 degrees concert. {I know, I know.. Marilyn, can we still be friends now that you know my music listening history?}
2. Like probably every other Asian girl out there, at one time I wanted creases in my eyelids so I could look like everyone else. I wanted to be able to put on makeup the same way and have pretty white people eyes.
3. Jared had to teach me how to do laundry when we first got married. {Well, if I want to be perfectly honest, he pretty much had to teach me how to clean too.}
4. I have to sleep with covers on at night. It doesn't matter if it's 110 degrees, I must have covers on at all times.
5. I always get hit by balls {I know, Jared...let me guess..."That's what she said!"} Anyways, if I'm even near some sort of sporting event I always get hit by balls---basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls, you name it. For example, last year I was at a kid's birthday party at the CBRC. It was in one of the rooms upstairs. One of the racquetballs from one of the courts downstairs flew up high over the half wall and hit me in the head! Jared thinks I have some sort of magnetic homing device in my head that attracts all balls. Completely random, I know, but you would not believe the vast number of times this happens to me.

I Tag...anyone else who hasn't done it yet!

16 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

I wouldn't think I was a very sensative person I've had that crying hangover too. And I'm the same about covers but I have to say, never done the boy band groupee thing :)! Your on your own there, although I'm so with you on the ball thing, me and balls just don't get along unless they are flying at my head :)!

tharker said...

Even though I knew most of these things, I still loved reading them!! For instance, the CBRC story...hilarious, even now. A year later. Only because I have the same luck with balls as you do.
{Shut up Jared.}

I also always love hearing about Jared teaching you to clean. We don't call ya Princess for nothin! heeheee!

Jessica said...

I can't sleep without covers either! This was fun to read, I learned a lot!

Jan said...

So glad you joined the church Lindsay. The ball thing, now that is like a freakish magnetic force of nature you got going on. The covers I relate. I sleep hot an still have to have that comfort cloth. Weird huh. Moses Hole. So sorry about that. No. Hey Daryl is in Texas and do great. Not married either. But very successful.

PRP said...

Brad had to teach me stuff too when we got married. Can you say SPOILED???

Someone has to be the princess, Linds, and it might as well be us!

Marilyn said...

Lindsay, you crack me up. I would be a hypocrit if I condemned you for your boy band days, for I was a die hard NKOTB fan back in the day.

I love your list! The magnetic homing device had me howling. SO funny.

Heather said...

You are the best. My favorite thing is that you can laugh about all this!

Alicia Leppert said...

I am the same way with covers. Bill makes so much fun of me (he's the opposite, he almost never uses them) because I'll be complaining how hot it is but refuse to take any covers off. I have to have that "weight" on me, that security.
You are so funny. No one can make fun of themselves like Lindsay.

Sarah said...

These were some great stats to learn about you. Now I know that you love chocolate, have a soft spot for boy bands, and I better not sit next to you at a sporting event!

hatch said...

You are not the only one with boy band skeletons in your closet I to was a die hard NKOTB fan.
This was so fun to read. I have the same getting problem with sporting events. I never like to sit very close. I am always the one who gets hit by the ball. It is so embarassing!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

I love the CBRC story! You are so funny! I can see how you and Jared make such a great couple. Life in your house must be hilarious:)

meohmyers said...

I love that you can poke fun at yourself and realize we're all laughing with you not at you. These were fun to read. You crack me up.

Kris said...

Oh Lindsay. This was classic. I think Sarah hit it right on the head, haha, no pun intended, to not ever sit next to you at a sporting event! Too funny!

I have to sleep with covers on too, and if it's hot out, I just put the fan on, and the covers over my shoulders. I'm so glad you decided to join the church. This was fun and thanks for sharing! We think you are great!

Kim said...

There is nothing to be ashamed of for loving boy bands! I still love that music.

Oh, and you can't forget to mention the door meeting head incident at the Neil Diamond concert...you attract more than just balls!

Piper said...

Did you get to see the eclipse? We had our stupid inversion, I missed it!!!

tiff said...

you and valynn were both magnets for balls in the head!!