14 January, 2008

Monday Pity Party

I did two very depressing things today...

1. I tried on my normal jeans and they did not fit. Actually I couldn't even get them up my thighs.

2. I saw a picture of my current self. Me no likey. If you saw the picture, I guarantee you all would have said, "So who's your fat sister?"

What did I do after that?

I gorged myself on ice cream.

Gee, I can't figure out why the weight's not coming off...

13 comments:

Heather said...

Seriously, it's been a month!! Give yourself a break and get your booty over here for some low-fat eggrolls!

Kris said...

Bummer about the pants. I hate those days! I'm sure that picture of you looks great. I need some ice cream today too! In fact, I'm thinking that will be a great dinner......!

Sarah said...

Oh, I can so relate. Hang in there, I still can't wear my cute jeans from before I was pregnant and my baby is 7 months old!

tharker said...

Listen to Heather!!! You just spent the last 9 months growing a HUMAN, and then birthed that human only ONE month ago!!! Don't worry about those jeans Linds. You look fantastic. The jeans will fit very soon.

Ice cream...yum!!

Brooklet said...

You know you are going to lose the weight and be skinnier that I could ever dream of, so I say, go ahead and indulge in the ice cream!

Alicia Leppert said...

Ah Lindsay, welcome to the land of the fat people. No, I mean the normal people. I haven't fit into my pre-pregnancy pants since 2001.
I am curious about that picture though...I'd love to see it!

Marilyn said...

Are you serious? What are "normal" jeans? My baby is 6 years old, and I don't fit in my "normal" jeans...okay, now I'm depressed.

Kim said...

Oh, Lindsay! You are way too hard on yourself...which I know you know. I know you look great! Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I don't fit into my pre-pregnancy pants either and I gave birth to a one pound baby two years ago. That darn Take 5 ice cream!

melanie said...

I feel your pain. I have one pair that fit me and they were huge before I was pregnant. One pair of pants doesn't encourage me to get out much, I'm always wearing the same thing! And to make it worse, now I want to get some ice cream! I agree with Kim though, without even seeing you, I know you look great.

Angie said...

yep.... you, jennifer love hewitt, tyra banks...all fatties! :) please.

Nicole said...

Oh sweetie, you just need to hush. Oh how I wish I had your problems....a 2 instead of a 0 - whaa

Seriously - it's been a month - you haven't even hit your 6 week mark yet. Are you even allowed to start being strenuous yet???

AOlson said...

Eat more ice cream and enjoy it!! You look fantastic! By the way congrats on your new little angel, I have been out of the loop for a while, but now I am back!

mumovearls said...

ahhh Lindsay... I'm so sorry I'm sure you'll start dropping that extra weight in No time-n