10 December, 2007

Still No Baby!

{WARNING: EXTREMELY WHINY POST COMING YOUR WAY...STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE PUTTING UP WITH IT.}

If you had told me last Wednesday I'd be sitting here at my computer today with this massive stomach still, I don't think I would have believed you. Last Wednesday I was exactly 38 weeks {which is when I gave birth to Kaiya} and had my weekly check-up with Dr. Anderson. At the appointment he said I was dilated to about a 3, which may not seem like a lot, but I was only a 2 when I went into labor with my other two. Then he said {which I think jinxed me}, "Oh, you are totally going to have your baby soon. Try to have it on Saturday because I'm on-call."

Since then I've had contractions everyday. Thursday night they were even a consistent 10 minutes apart for over 2 hours. I was so sure I was going into labor that I packed my bag. But, no. After the two hours, the contractions stopped altogether.

Everyday since Thursday I've had contractions on and off. Can you believe it? Still no baby. These contractions must not be doing a thing. What's that all about?

I've gotten so grouchy, I think everyone's a little scared of me...and rightfully so...

15 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you have that baby soon, that will give you enough time to be feeling half-way normal again before Christmas. You are such a cute pregnant person, and thanks again for holding Morgan for me yesterday, it was a huge help.

meohmyers said...

Ugh! Hopefully soon. We all know how that feels, thinking the baby is coming soon and wanting it to so badly but nope. This just gives you more time to come up with a little boy's name!! Hope all goes well!

dirty>south said...

so...afraid. so...very...afraid.

tharker said...

Yeah, I'm with Jared.

Just kidding!!!!

Since you are having so many contractions, maybe that means that once you do go into real labor that it will go fast since your body has been "preparing" for so many days! Hopefully not too fast though....

Love ya Linds. Just hang in there a little bit longer, even though it sucks!

Angie said...

hahahahaha. i bet your house is so fun right now. just kidding. just remember...weekends work best for me if you can swing that. :)

Kim said...

I've been thinking about a ton these last few days and kept hoping I'd hear some good news!! Hang in there. I can't wait to meet my new niece/nephew. Sending positive thoughts your way!

PRP said...

Ugh, that SUCKS! I'm so sorry. I remeber with Hannah they routinely told me that I'd never make November because I was so huge...and she was born November
7th. I was TICKED.

At least you know that this little person will be worth the wait. Call if I can do anything!

Kris said...

I hope you have that baby soon! I still can't believe you were having contractions at church! We can't wait to find out the news of when this baby comes! Good Luck!

Erin said...

oh gosh...almost there! i know how you feel when the doc says "anyday"...can't wait to hear the good news!!

melanie said...

I hate when doctors say that. They told me that with Nathan from 28 weeks on. So, so rude!!

And can I say with this post, I feel like I'll be posting the same thing here in 2 more weeks. I want nothing more than to get it over before the year is up and I highly doubt I get my wish.

Here's to hoping it happens soon...

The Lassen Family said...

I have been told that "fully-cooked" babies are calmer--so that would be good, right? Maybe he/she just wants to wait to come on my birthday :) (I won't wish that on you or them :)

Heather said...

Any day now only means, "holy crap! how can you be so huge?"

Trust me I have heard it a million times.

I truly hope it will be any day now!!!!

Marilyn said...

Hopefully soon and before Christmas! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Piper said...

I always laugh when we are on "hoo hoo watch" here! It's funny to give people updates on it, right?!
If you swig a Mountain Dew, it sometimes works!! Good luck, can't wait to hear!

Mandi said...

Amen! I too am dilated to a 3 and have been having contractions for weeks...but I don't have quite as much room to whine b/c I an not quite 36 weeks. You win. I hope you have it soon! Good luck, keep us all posted!!!