b. Wednesday :: Dec. 12 :: 12:54 pm
7 lbs 6 oz :: 20 inches :: eyes - asian :: cheeks - thick 'n droopy :: nose - no bridge
"Does she look like Carson, but a girl?"
"Yeah."
Yep, it's ours.

No, this is not the face of a madman...but it's really close.
Well, you remember all that mad drama about that baby that just wouldn't come out on Monday? SHE, yes she, arrived on Wednesday. I stress the word "she" because for the past 6 months or so my boo and I thought it would be a boy. Lindsay had been carving into red meat like a school of piranhas in a pool filled with small puppies { as she did with carson } and we thought there was no way we could face the drama of another magic rainbow diva princess like Kaiya.
Yes, now I've managed to outnumber myself both in children and females in one fatal swoop. Of course, one never weighs those consequences during those 45.7 seconds of late winter ecstasy back in March. And hey, who would? No man alive, I tell you. No...man...alive.<< There's my 2 girls. So, wait, when Kaiya's a senior, Chloe will be a sophomore? Great, now I'm going to have to bury twice as many teenage boys as I had originally planned. It's ok, though, I've got motive and plenty of shovels.
One relief was that we had still not decided on a boy name, and we spent almost the entire delivery arguing about it. I learned quickly to tell Lindsay the names I liked between contractions or else she would spew crazy hellfire and give me an asian-eye staredown.
LINDSAY: "Like, seriously, you want to test me? right now? seriously?"
ME: "Sorry, I just like the name Kenneth. It was my..."
LINDSAY: "I will slap your face!"
Well, not quite that dramatic { but she was thinking it }.
The delivery was so ballin'. Probably best ever. A woman in our new ward was our nurse and took great care of Lindsay and was on top of everything. We told her that the nurse during our last visit actually had to deliver Princess Kaiya since the doc on call was doing a C section. She said "Wow, that would be my first." We said "So, who's on call today?"
The best part about the delivery was how fast it went. Like, I swear I've waited longer in the Burger King drive thru for my Whopper Value Meal® than for this baby to pop out. All I know is one minute I'm in the bathroom, and the next minute I walk out and it's mass hysteria getting the bed set up for the deliverage. { Suddenly I feel like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction }.The doc we had was pretty funny. I ran to get the camcorder as this time I wanted to film...you know...the nether regions so Lindsay can see how insane a birth is. He was like: "Going for the full monty, eh?" I was like: "You are so money."
<< So, here's Chloe in some first shots after the delivery. And no, she wasn't dusting the chalkboard at school, she just had some major "birth juice" { I don't know the science name for it } on her head. I guess it doesn't wash off.Look at her rockin' the rug on top. Carson and her both had a thick ol' mop when they came out. Kaiya's was really thin and light.
She was also our tallest baby at 20 inches. Which is probably on the Lurch side for Asians, but below average for white folk. Hey, as long as she gets Lindsay's build we rollin'.
Also, much love to my Boo after the delivery. It was good to see her smiling and not in too much pain. Let's just say last time wasn't much fun.
Later the kids came and got to hold their sister. Carson was relieved since now "Kaiya has someone to play with and she'll leave me alone." { Good luck with that crazy notion } but he was still convinced that had Lindsay delivered on her actual due date { 19th } it had a good chance of being a boy. Apparently, the extra week is all it takes to grow a ween.


I couldn't remember if Lindsay wanted me to post this photo of her and the baby, but I'm sure she won't mind.

Well, now I get to raise another girl and a third child. Pray for my soul.
25 comments:
Wow Jared - quite possibly more than I ever wanted to know about the conception of your little angel. And, I have a sneaky suspicion Linds might not be smiling so much when she sees that 'one' pic, but whatever - it's all you.
But, Congratulations! She is beautiful! I do really like her name. Good thing it wasn't a boy. That could have gotten really ugly.
Bates - you are fricken hysterical!! Thanks for sharing all of that...although a little TOO much...
She is gorgeous! I love her name! (My newest little niece born in August is a Chloe too).
Get some sleep. See you at work.
Kim
Jared always gives too much information! That's what we love about him.
I'm so excited for you guys. She is absolutely gorgeous! When I look at that picture of Kaiya and Chloe...I do feel a little sorry for you. The teenage years could be little rough. :) Yippee, we get to see you next week.
congrats! I am so excited for you guys! She is beautiful....and Jared your post crack me up. I love em.
I"m so excited for you guys! Congrats! And say what you want about the post-birth Lindsay pic. She looks 100 times better than I did! Where's the double chin and drugged up glazed over smile that I was blessed with post-baby?!
Shes beautiful!
She is BEAUTIFUL! And Lindsay should not mind that photo, she looks gorgeous, especially for just having a baby! I am so glad things went well. It's finally MY TURN in line!! And I love the name Chloe...so cute! CONGRATS!
Birth Juice...ooh-wee!... (i think that's the remix version from Nelly isn't?)
Jared, seriously the BEST BIRTH announcement ever. Congrats, she is so adorable!!
congrats on baby chloe! what a little cutie - and lindsay you look amazing! glad the labor was short and sweet!!
Mom and baby both look beautiful. Congrats to your family!
J-Dogg, seriously the best post written in Blogdom EVER!!! You rock the house.
I love penchant for too much information and say brign it on, dude, bring it on. The picutres are awesome, Linds looks so good I kind of want to smack her and I LOVE the name Chloe. Perfection for the Bates family.
Much love to you all and congrats!
p.s. love the pulp fiction reference! hope baby chloe is doing good. see you guys soon.
Congratulations! We are so happy that everything went well with the delivery! Thanks for posting pictures Jared. This is great! She's beautiful, and looks like she'll fit right in with the rest of you!
Holy crap, Jared, you are KILLING me!! Jake actually got scared because I was laughing so loud while reading this post!!
Chloe is so beautiful! And yes, I will take full credit now for suggesting Michelle for her middle name!! heehee!
I agree with Karen, this is the BEST post I've EVER read!
Congrats Lindsay and Jared! She's beautiful and so is her name. Don't worry, third babies are angel babies.
Congratulations! Hilarious post. Lindsay you still look gorgeous even after having a baby, uugh!
Her little mouth is too cute!
Welcome baby Chloe!
Love the name, love the post!
Lindsay, you are the best looking mama who just gave birth I have ever seen. Seriously, how did you do it?
Yea! Audrey has a little friend!
Lindsey you look SO good! And Chloe is one gorgeous baby! Love the photo of her and Kaiya.
Jared- such a funny post. Seriously I had to read it twice. Keep up the blogging while Lindsey is taking her much needed naps.
You guys rock! Congrats!
You do look fabulous lindsay! Chloe is so beautiful! And that IS the best baby announcement I have ever read!
Wellcome little Chloe! She is perfection Jared and Lindsay- Third children are angels till they are 3 years old then they go through a phase- But seriously Congrats Guys hope all is well-Nena
This was such a great read!! I loved it! Congrats again, Bates family! She's precious.
Your kids are so stinkin' cute! Chloe looks great. And Lindsay looks beautiful. So unfair for the rest of us who don't look so hot right after giving birth! Congratulations!
Hi, it's me, the blog-snooper! Just want to say congrats! And, Jared, my dad always says, (in reference to his 3 daughters) "I wouldn't wish that on my WORST enemy!! Three girls!" So I guess you got off easy!! Our love to you!
Post a Comment