Life's been pretty crazy around here lately, but I thought I'd take a few minutes to write some of the things happening with our family.
1. We finally were able to move on Thursday into our new house. It is sooo nice to be out of our apartment. The kids are loving having their own rooms again. Living in such tight quarters has made us extra grateful to be back into a house.
2. I just wanted to say, "THANK YOU!" to all our great friends who have helped us lately. Jared and I have appreciated all the help we had moving, cleaning our apartment, baby-sitting and offers of baby-sitting, and meals. We really feel blessed to have all of you in our lives. Let's face it, I'm 38 weeks pregnant and I {as Jared calls it} am in my "worthless stage" right now and really just not lots of help.
3. We are just trying to get moved in as quickly as possible before our baby arrives. My due date isn't until the 19th, but Kaiya was born 14 days early, so really the baby could come at any time. I kind of feel like a ticking time bomb.
4. We still don't have a name for the baby. Crazy, I know. Jared and I are procrastinators, but yes, I realize it's getting ridiculous. If anyone has any last minute baby boy name suggestions, feel free to let us know.
5. Our stake finally changed all the boundaries and added a new ward. I guess we moved at the perfect time, since everything is changing right now. We are so sad to be leaving 6th ward because we loved it, but are excited to start attending 1st ward. Everyone seems so nice and friendly.
Well, that's all we've got going on here. In honor of the Christmas season, I thought I would share with friends {since family has already read this} a funny point-of-view on Santa Claus. Click here to read.
8 comments:
Glad to hear you're in your new house and you had lots of help. We'll miss you in the ward, too, oh wait, I'm not in that ward anymore either. :-) I hope the labor goes smooth and easy for you and that you and Jared can agree on the perfect name.
Why does it not surprise me that you guys don't have your names ready?! I don't have any wonderful suggestions on boy names...I think girl names are easier. Make sure you keep us posted on any happenings!
Your house is lovely Linds! Thanks for the tour ;) I'm seriously counting the minutes until "baby boy" or "baby girl" Bates makes his/her debut! As long as baby does not come home with "baby Bates" on the birth certificate, it will be okay!
I don't have any great baby advice on names, they are difficult for us too. I always take into consideration any great or respected people I admire (family members or otherwise) or sometimes I'll just see or hear a name that will jump out at me. My daughter Kendle was named after a college football player, we just changed the spelling to make it look more feminine and my son Morgan's name came from many inspirations-old family name, one of our favorite actors, and one of my favorite characters from a book. I'm excited for you and your family to be in our ward and I'd love to help you guys out any way I can.
Just when I thought we would be in the same ward...
Baby boy names:
I got nothin'.
I have always loved the name Landon.
Congratulations on being in your new home. There is nothing quite like "that new home" feeling.
I've always loved these boys names:
Ashton
Aidan
Carter
Cooper
and (like Danyelle), Landon.
i think you should just go with "baby boy bates" it sounds pretty "street".
I'm so glad you were able to move in before the baby gets here. Whew, that would have been hard with a newborn. But 38 weeks pg isn't very easy either.
Still having the name drama here too. And we know it's a boy and still nada. Can't wait to hear what you decide.
Post a Comment