1. Our apartment has a mysterious funky odor that smells similar to fish. In fact, Kaiya always remarks, "Eww! What's that smell? Oh, it smells yike fish!"
2. I'll finally have a garage again and won't have to scrape ice from the van windows. You all know how I hate to be cold. I told Jared the other day about how much I was looking forward to a garage again. He responded that he's never been able to park his car in a garage before. I think he was subtly trying to tell me that I was being a bit spoiled, but I just responded back with, "Oh, it's great, Jared. You wait and see. You're gonna love it."
3. I'll have a laundry room again. Our apartment has a washer and dryer next to the kitchen and they are awful! To get clothes completely dry in the dryer you have to dry them for 2 whole cycles!
4. I'll finally have more than one TV station. That's right folks--I'll finally have something other than CBS, the one channel I watch nothing on.
5. Carson and Kaiya won't have to share a room anymore. No more "Kaiya won't stop talking to me," or "Carson bothering me," or "Mom---Kaiya's getting into my stuff!"
6. No more commuting back and forth between cities. It only takes 15-20 min. to get to school, work, and church from our apartment, but I do the back and forth thing several times a day and it's gotten really old. {Yes, I realize that all of you that live in big cities are totally rolling your eyes right now.}
7. No more hearing our neighbors' noises. Tonight I heard a vacuum cleaner going and thought, "Oh, how sweet! Jared's vacuuming!" Then I realized---No, it wasn't Jared---it was our upstairs neighbor cleaning.
8. We will have multiple bathrooms again! Currently in our apartment, we have ONE bathroom. I can't even begin to tell you how many times one of us will be using the toilet when someone else or even 2 others need to use the toilet at the exact same time. It is pure torture. Let's just say it's not pretty to see a grown-up do the potty dance.
9. I'll have a kitchen with actual counter space. The apartment free counter space is probably like 15"x15" which is fine if your making a PB & J, but if you're making dinner, you have to get really creative.
10. We will be in a big enough place to actually give each other "some space." Our apartment is like 900 square feet! The sad part is we are all always in the living room together, which is like 500 square feet. Needless to say, we are all always on top of each other. Sundays are the worst because nobody goes anywhere and we are cooped up in 500 square feet ALL DAY LONG.
The good news is that our house is almost finished and we should be able to move in sometime this week or next. Isn't that great!
11 comments:
I was expecting to see that you were excited because you don't have to do any of the moving! Call Luke and let him know what day you are moving so he can put it on the schedule!
These are all fantastic reasons to get out of the apartment. But I have to admit, I will miss hearing Kaiya talk about the fishy smell of her home. It's really quite funny!
Let me know what you need help with. Your kids are welcome to come over. Actually, you'd better just come with them too since you are all prego and can't do anything! heehee! Seriously though, bring them over anytime you need to.
If you need any help unloading, we are just a few blocks from your new house and Riley could come help with your heavy stuff. That's so exciting that your house is almost done!!! I bet your kids can't wait.
Yeah, does the Elder's Quorum know in 1st Ward what day it is?? Jack can come down and help too! I'm sure all these men love it when their wives volunteer them! :)
I can't wait for you guys to be in our ward! Tyler will be shocked to see Carson at church! Let us know what we can do to help! You can come over and hang out with us too! We are excited to be your new neighbors! Congrats on getting out of that apartment! It will be great to have more space again!
That is exciting! if you need help moving Ryan can come over and help-Nena
I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see the house when we come up.
#11 you will finally have a "spare bedroom" for overnight guests.
Yeah for you! That is so awesome. I am really happy for you. Best of luck - and post pictures when you get moved in. Loves, KaeLynn
Oh, now I am jealous. But I am happy that a fellow apartment dweller has moved on. Congratulations!
Camery
I'm so impressed with the one bathroom. We would have the same issues for sure.
Good luck with it all. Play the pregnancy card as often as you can!
mmmm, where do I begin. Wait, I still live that life. One bathroom, Claire shares a room with Morgan (starting last night), and the sad thing is, we live in a house. We are holding firm to the dream of one day having more than one bathroom. one day, it will be our turn. . .
Post a Comment