06 November, 2007

Happy Birthday Jared!

Today is Jared's 33rd birthday!

In honor of his special day, I thought I'd name 33 reasons I love Jared.

{Some of you may think when reading this post,"Hey, this is hardly a nice sentimental tribute to your husband on his birthday." We are mockers, people. We mock others all the time. He dishes it out, so he's gotta take it. That's how we roll!}


1. He's low key and always makes me laugh.

2. He puts up with all my computer requests and issues. If I have a computer problem, he'll fix it. If I have some little computer project, he'll help me with it. The price is only one major eye roll and an exasperated, "Move over."

3. He is so protective of his "baby," meaning his computer, not his kids!

4. He wore white capri pants in the 5th grade. {I don't think they were even cool back then.}

5. His picture on his blogger profile looks like a molester. {At least I think it does. Why on earth he thinks it's cool, I'll never know.}

6. He used to be obsessed with WWF wrestling. He even dragged me to an arena show once. {Nothing is more carnie than going to a live WWF wrestling event--trust me.}

7. He wore braces for 5 years. {I'm so scared for our kids' teeth.}

8. He is good at impressions. In fact, he does a better Asian impression than I do.

9. He gets his "man card" taken away at work all the time. Hey, we were both impressed he got one in the first place!

10. He loves fantasy football and is planning for the upcoming playoffs. {I'm still mystified as to why it's so addictive.}

11. He loves watching movies. It always amazed me that he and Angie could quote long dialogues from movies.

12. He loves video games. We currently own a Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, and Nintendo Wii. When asked why he only has Nintendo systems, he responded, "I'm loyal."

13. He loves finding "treasures" {I think junk.} at thrift stores. In college we used to go to DI and Savers. He's even dragged me to Bargain Town. Trust me, Bargain Town is sick. You feel like you have to take a shower when you get home.

14. He does absolutely no wrong in his mother's eyes!

15. He used to carry a planner and lost it a gazillion times {which is why he doesn't have a planner anymore}. The crazy part is that it would get returned EVERY time. He even left it by a pay phone at an airport once.

16. He gets lost as much as I do. One time he had to drive from Provo to SLC airport and ended up driving to Bountiful. Then he was so late, he just left his car curbside at the airport instead of parking it!

17. He loves to reconcile bank statements every month.

18. He is a clean freak.

19. He loves himself some ebay.

20. He loves to get good deals and prides himself on being frugal {though sometimes I think a little cheap. But then again, if I were in charge, we'd never save anything.}

21. He loves to go out to eat.

22. He has an "Asian fetish" meaning that he dated mostly Asian girls growing up.

23. He snores EVERY night when he goes to sleep. It's LOUD too.

24. He will only wear short sleeve shirts because long sleeve shirts make him too hot.

25. He loves soccer and is planning on going to the next World Cup in South Africa with his brother and sister.

26. When he caught a fish this spring, he wanted "fish mittens" so he wouldn't have to touch the fish.

27. One time he got pulled over by a cop for swerving his car in tune with the lyrics from "Da Dip."

28. He wishes he were a "gangsta" and loves to talk "ghetto talk." {Someone needs to remind him he's just a white boy from Eastern Washington.}

29. Unlike most people with normal catchphrases, Jared says things like, "Whobangin'!" {Still confused...see #28.}

30. He is not the best at finding things. You can say, "Go get me the keys. They're on the counter." He'll look all over the counter, the keys will be right in front of him and he'll say, "I can't find them anywhere."

31. He puts up with all my craziness {and there is a lot of craziness}. He's also a good listener {though a lot of it may go in one ear and out the other!}

32. His best friends {besides me, of course!} are his siblings and cousins.

33. He is the best husband and father we could ask for!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

These were great reasons you love your husband. I love your sense of humor, and how you don't take things so seriously. My favorite was that he got pulled over for swerving to the music. I would be lying if I said I'd never manuevered my car to some music too. Happy birthday to your funny hubby!

Angie said...

in regards to #16. "He gets lost as much as I do"
don't forget, we lived in bellevue for six years and he still had directions to bellevue square mall written out in his car so he wouldn't get lost. ridiculous!

Angie said...

#1 reason i love jared: even though he got married and had kids, he will always be my slave and i love him. happy birthday j.j.!

tharker said...

Whobangin??? You wore white capris Dirty South???? Whaddup with dat?

I love, love, love Jared's ghetto speak. We all know that deep down he's just a brotha trapped in a white boy's body! He's gotta let it out somehow!

I forgot about the driving story. I'm still laughing really hard.

Happy Birthday Jared! I think you are seriously one of the funniest people that I know. You're an awesome husband and father!

Lindsay, this list is probably one of the BEST blog lists I've ever read! Awesome.

Kim said...

There are so many great things about Jared. You did a very good job with your list! He's such a fun person to be around. He can always make me laugh. I'm grateful to have him as my brother.

I laughed again about him getting pulled over for swerving the car. That was the best!

Kris said...

This is great Lindsay! I love how you are totally care free and just have a great time in your family! Jared sounds like a great man that is funny and goofy! Happy Birthday to your husband!

Heather said...

Oh Lins- you did get yourself a quality man!!!

We love ya Jared- Happy Birthday!

dirty>south said...

they weren't capri pants. they were pegged jeans. that was the style back then. I'm not sure why they were white, though.

oh, who am I kidding. that was probably the gayest thing I've ever done.

Angie said...

no jared...i think the gayest thing was your essay about how, out of all the animals, you would be a "linx".

dirty>south said...

don't you mean "lynx?" (they are also good spellers)

PRP said...

A lynx huh? That gives me TONS of new material...

Happy Birthday Jared! You seriously crack me up. Can't wait to learn more!

melanie said...

I almost can't be around Jared, I laugh way too much and annoy everyone around me! I just can't help it, he is SO funny!

And the 'fish mittens' are what have me cracking up!! I completely agree.

Happy Birthday Jared!!

Nicole said...

That's awesome Linds! Happy Birthday Jared! Hope you're taking advantage of birthday week!

Brooklet said...

My favs are the fish mittens, swerving to da dup, and suprise that you were even issued a man card! Both of you are so funny and I love reading your posts!

dandee said...

Happy birthday Jared! I love that your blogger profile states "Lovemaker" as your occupation. Nice.

Mandi said...

You are such a sweet wife!

Tom Earl said...

Ur the best!!! We love u!!!