Kristen tagged me last week to write 6 facts people do not know about me. Here goes:
1. I am a huge procrastinator. I'll put anything off until the last minute. Here's an example--Kristen tagged me a week ago and I'm just doing it now. And I'm just doing it now because I saw a few other ones on the blogs today which reminded me I needed to do one too. One of my favorite things to say is, "I'll do it later." Jared hates the word "later" because it may mean never. The really bad part of being a procrastinator is that I'm also a perfectionist. It's a very bad combination because I'll put something off, but then it has to be perfect, despite the fact I probably didn't give myself enough time to complete it in the first place.
2. I always read the endings of books before I've finished them all the way through. Usually I'll read the ending of the book when I've just started the beginning. I'm an impatient person--what else can I say? It also takes the pressure off reading the book fast. I'm too obsessive when I read books and when I read a book, absolutely nothing else gets done. Kids want to eat and I'm in the middle of a book? "Sure, kids--go get a snack from the pantry. Mommy's reading..." Chores while I'm mid-book? "I'm sorry you don't have clean garments Jared, but I just didn't get around to laundry today." Dinner and mid-book? "I was thinking tonight we could have cereal for dinner." If I already know the ending I can read leisurely and still be a functioning member of society.
3. I absolutely hate casseroles {with the exception of chicken broccoli casserole} and jello. Growing up, my family ate neither. As I've gotten older, I've had the opportunity to try things like Tater Tot Casserole, Shepherd's Pie, and other casseroles, and they are all sick! Don't even get me started on jello and the things people think they can throw in with jello. All these culinary "delights" just remind me of war food. Can I still be Mormon if I hate casseroles and jello?
4. I'm not a fan of "experts." I'm not talking about people who are knowledgeable about certain subjects. That's completely fine. I'm talking about those people who are "experts" about each and every subject that come up. It can range from cars, money, sports, entertainment, literature---you name it and they think they know EVERYTHING about it. They spout off their beliefs because, of course, they're always right and they are also in charge of whatever they are doing, and don't even think you'll be able to get a word in edgewise, because you won't. Come on, people...you all know someone like that.
5. I was Valedictorian at BYU. Yeah, people are always completely floored to find out I have half a brain. I must not represent myself very well. Sure, I'm totally ditzy, love time-suckage activities like watching TV, love surfing the internet for the latest entertainment news, have no sense of direction, drive as well as if I were legally blind, but underneath it all, there's a smart girl. If you're still in doubt, I have two facts that will prove my case. (1)--I'm Asian---Hello! We're all smart. (2)--This enormous head of mine isn't just for looks!
6. One of my biggest dreams in life is to go back to South Korea, learn all about the culture, and see firsthand where I came from. I would also love to meet my birth mother someday and thank her for giving me life and then providing a better life for me by giving me up.
We'll that's it. I tag anyone else that would like to participate!
11 comments:
Lindsay, this list is awesome. #2 had me laughing so hard, because that is exactly how it goes at my house when I am totally focused on something, like reading a book.
I hate tator tot casserole too, but I do love a good shepherds pie.
I know an expert or two, exactly the kind you spoke of in #4.
Lindsay, this was so fun to read. Thank you for participating! It's fun to know random facts about you! Your personality is truly addictive!
I think it's great that you want to meet your birth mom. I didn't know that you were adopted. That's so cool! I love how you hate jello and casseroles. It's funny how we think that all Mormon's love the same things! I'm very impressed with the Valedictorian at BYU! That's so cool!
When is your house going to be done?? I LOVE the color that you chose for the outside! It looks like it's getting close!
Your list cracks me up! I think I knew most of it but the way you wrote it was hilarious.
Glad to see PHS is keeping you busy...
world war II food. it's like i always say. waldorf salad? disgusting.
I'm about to pee my pants after reading #5... you DO NOT have a big head.
Uhh... hello I still haven't done my list either. I'm going to do that now.
I second you on the dislike of "experts". Way annoying!!
Thanks for sharing all of these fun facts about yourself. I'm with you on pretty much all of these except for being Valedictorian from BYU. That's awesome! If it was me, I would find a way to work that into every conversation if at all possible. :) You crack me up with your dislike of casseroles and mixed jello salads. I love Chicken Broccoli Casserole too, it's one of my favs.
come on over for dinner tomorrow night - I'm making hamburger pie, and for dessert, we can have jello - with cool whip!!!
Random list postings are some of my favorite! Love your list. I used to think I would like casseroles once I was 'grown up' and staying home with kids. I don't. But like you I do love the chicken broccoli one. Jello and any veggie should be outlawed. Definitely war food.
p.s. Didn't know the BYU fact but I've always known you were smart. You don't hide it all the time.
Love it, love it! Like Karen, I knew all of these things about you too, but absolutely loved reading it!
So should I not bring over that Tuna Casserole when you have the baby???? Oh dear....I'm with you on jello for the most part, but I do LOVE me some Strawberry Pretzel Salad, Mmmmm!
I understand you about being an obessive reader, but how can you ruin the book for yourself?? Its like peeking at your presents before Christmas!! I am very careful about not letting my eyes glance ahead of the page, so as not to ruin the suprise. I am still like a five year old, I enjoy suprises.
Post a Comment