Let me start off by saying, I am a frequent Wal-Mart shopper. Too frequent, in fact, because there are times I go more than once a day, and the Wal-Mart greeters seem to recognize me and my children. With that being said, I think that I will no longer be going there to get my oil changed.
I've gotten my oil changed at Wal-Mart for the last several years. It's so convenient---you can go shopping and get all the things you need while they are changing your oil. I love one-stop shopping.
Tuesday I went to Wal-Mart to get my oil changed because it was slightly past due. A few friends let me know that some oil had been leaking in my van lately so when I brought my van in, I asked them to see if they could look to see why the oil was leaking while they changed my oil. When I went to pick the van up, the worker said that my oil was not leaking but transmission fluid was leaking so I definitely needed to take my van into the shop.
Thursday I took my van into Hertz, who in turn took my van to the Kia dealership, and they discovered that not only was the transmission NOT leaking fluid, but the incompetent Wal-Mart worker who worked on my van did not properly seal where you change the oil so all the oil had spilled onto my transmission. Therefore, they had to clean that up and give me ANOTHER oil change. Thank goodness I took it back in.
Thursday evening I went back to Wal-Mart with my Hertz work order and asked to be reimbursed for the oil change. Yet another incompetent worker gave me the 5th degree and was asking me all sorts of questions about when I bought my vehicle, when exactly was oil leaking, that when they said the transmission was leaking it was just a suggestion to take it in but they shouldn't be held responsible for giving me that advice, and that perhaps both Hertz and Kia were trying to rip me off and that's why they gave me another oil change. He finally let me speak to the manager. The manager was really nice though, and he did reimburse me the money for the oil change and also gave me a free oil change for next time.
I think I will start going to Hertz to get my oil changes from now on. They let me know that an oil change there is only $21.95 [about the same price as Wal-Mart} plus they vacuum the inside and wash your car. You do have to make an appointment though, but they do guarantee you'll be out within 30-45 minutes {Wal-Mart is always like an hour and a half}.
Does anyone have a place that they like to go? I'm open to suggestions.
12 comments:
I can't believe that you are writing about this. I just took my car into Wal-Mart on Thursday cuz I had the same problem. Oil was leaking. They called my name about 2 minutes after I left and I went back and had to put a hard hat on, and go look at my car. The guy told me the same thing. Transmission fluid was leaking, not the oil.
I called Jack to tell him and he told me that those Wal-Mart Workers are incompetent and don't know what they were talking about. Cuz Jack said there is a difference between oil and transmission fluid. One is black and the other red. And he said the drops were not red! The workers told me that I needed my transmission fluid replaced! UGH! I still haven't gotten that done, but I'm going to have Jack finish taking care of the problem! How crazy. They must really not know what they are talking over there. Did you go to Rd. 68? I guess I need to find a new place to get my oil changed too!
That is terrible! I have thought of getting my oil changed there from time to time, but now, not so sure! I like going to the Mister Car wash, when you pay for an oil change you get a free car wash. But I think the Kia dealership might be the way to go, since you have their expertise and they will spot a problem sooner than a non dealership place. Jiffy Lube does vacuum the car, and refills the all of the fluids until the next oil change.
Brandon takes his car to the new Toyota dealership and he is quite passionate about the great service you get there.
He wants me to tell you that they not only wash your car, they also give you unlimited, freshly baked cookies (4 kinds to choose from), your choice of beverage (pop, juice, etc. the whole container, not just a little dixie cup). They also have tv's to watch and magazines to read.
He pretty much wants to move in there :)
He also said they do charge a little more, but they do vacuum your car.
whatever you do linds, DON'T go to Jiffy Lube...we have had 2 bad experiences, one was last weekend. we will NEVER go there again...i was going to call their corp office #,but never got around to it...it was that bad....sorry for your walmart deal...i am not a walmart lover anymore. :)
Every time I have gone to Wal Mart on 68 to have my oil changed, it has taken forever! Spencer changes his own oil for his car. He says that it costs about the same as having it done somewhere, it only takes him about 30 minutes, and I think he likes doing it too. Funny...he's never offered to do the van for me, he just says "You need to go get the oil changed." Funny.
oh no that makes me sad. I just started going to walmart because everywhere i've gone in vegas, they try to rip me off and tell me i need a million things that i know i don't need. i started going to walmart because they don't try to get me to buy a million things. hmmm.
When we were driving through on our way to Kansas, we had our oil changed at the Walmart there and the EXACT thing happened to us. We got to Wyoming and oil was going everywhere!! We took it to the Walmart there and they said they had even put in the wrong filter (even though on the work order they had written the correct one). So when we got here and it was still having problems, we took it to Walmart here and made them tighten everything and top it off (they didnt' want to)--but finally it stopped leaking (I think). We have been told however that Walmart is actually one of the best places to have this done here---guess we may be doing it ourselves from now on.
OK, seriously, where did my sister come from? I was going to tell you that same story, but Dani beat me to it! No more Wal-Mart for us. I must say I am a little tempted to join Brandon at Toyota.
yeah myhre i always take my to the dealer. it's about the same price and they wash my car. i love it!
We go to Hertz...
I feel your pain. Last time we had Walmart do it - they forgot to put the cap back on and our car about blew up on the way to Moses Lake. Good luck my dear....KaeLynn
Post a Comment