19 October, 2007

But it's 8:30 New York Time...

It's 5:30 AM and the Bates family has all been up for an hour and a half. Why you ask? It's 3 hours later back East and apparently Carson and Jared's internal clocks are still on that time.

Carson is finally back from his New England trip. He flew into Seattle shortly after 8 PM and got to Moses Lake sometime after 11 PM. Jared, Kaiya, and I drove to Moses Lake last night and then drove back this morning at 4 AM so Jared would have time to get ready and go to work.

I really should have driven myself with Kaiya last night, but I didn't want to go by myself so I begged Jared to come along. He's been an old grandpa ever since he's gotten home because of being still on back east time. Wednesday night I was so excited for him to be home and he fell asleep at 8 PM because according to him, "It's 11 PM East Coast time." So when I asked him to come with me to ML, he responded by saying, "But I work at 6 AM and so we'd have to leave at 4 in the morning so I would have time to get ready for work." I responded back with "Well, isn't 4 AM really 7 AM East Coast time?" I know, I'm totally bratty sometimes.

I thought that as soon as we piled the kids in the car this morning, they'd fall asleep. I couldn't have been more wrong. Carson was excited to see everyone and Kaiya was so excited to see Carson that our whole car was awake the whole car ride home. As soon as they walked into the apartment, Carson did a cartwheel and said, "Whoo hoo! I'm home! Oh yeah, baby!" He and Kaiya have been playing Pokemon and marbles ever since.

Yesterday I felt kinda bad that I was going to send him to school today and thought maybe I should let him rest. Whatever! He's already excited to go back to school and said, "Yes! It 's Popcorn Friday!"

So the Bates Family is up and rearin' to go...just don't call us after 7PM tonight...we'll probably be in bed!

8 comments:

tharker said...

Cuz if I call you after 7pm, that will really be 10pm East Coast time!

I can't believe that Kaiya didn't at least fall asleep in the car. I'm so glad that they were so happy to see eachother.

I'm sure Carson has so many great stories to tell, and stuff to show you. I'm glad he made it back safe and sound, and that he had such a great time.

Thanks again "Grandpa Bates" for helping Lindsay help me with the ringtone thingy. You're the best! I'll be sure to get you a fresh suppy of Geritol next time I'm at the store : )

Kris said...

I'm so glad you reminded me about popcorn Friday! Tyler forgot his quarter. I'm running out the door now to give it to him. He's been looking forward to it all week!

Glad they had a great trip!

Sarah said...

Isn't it amazing what kids can do on little or no sleep? Wish I still had that kind of energy. Glad all of your family is home safe and sound.

Kim said...

I'm so glad every got back safe and sound. I could tell that Carson was excited to see you guys. Thanks for sharing Jared and Carson with us for a while. We had a blast!

Heather said...

Oh, they joys of early morning trips where kids DON"T fall asleep! Glad you are all back safe and sound.

Erin said...

well...just think you'll be up plenty at that time as soon as the new little baby arrives... :). i know, i should have not reminded you... who did carson go visit? by himself?

Angie said...

i know that carson likes to keep track of who "has the most comments" so i thought i would add another to your list. i just wanted to tell you how awesome a travel companion carson is. he was soooooo amazing. i hope he had lots of fun, cause i sure did. it was a wonderful experience and i am glad i was able to make some memories with carson. we had some long days in the car and on planes, and that cute boy was a such a good guy. you guys taught him well. thanks for letting me hang out with him.

melanie said...

You are ambitious! That is one long day leaving that early. Glad everyone is home safe. Now the stories begin, can't wait to hear all Carson has to say about it.

Oh and I would have made the same bratty comment or one really close to it.