Tonight for Family Home Evening we went to the Pumpkin Patch at Country Mercantile. I love going to the pumpkin patch! I think I enjoy it so much because not only is it a fun family activity, I LOVE pumpkin patch pictures. The pictures always look so festive.
Pumpkin Patch Highlights:
• Carson and Kaiya's excitement in picking out their pumpkins. Carson wanted to get a huge one while Kaiya wanted a "baby" pumpkin. They were both told they could pick whatever they wanted, but they had to be able to carry it. Carson tried to pick pumpkins that were WAY too heavy and then he would say, "Ohhh!!!! It's too heavy!!!!" Then he would do his trademark growl! Kaiya looked forever for her "baby" pumpkin and couldn't find one small enough. Since we were the only ones on the hay ride, the guy took us to the "baby" pumpkin section so she could find one of her own.
• Kaiya getting "stuck" on the straw mountain and clutching with all her might to one of the hay bales. Her feet were only like an inch from the next bale!
• The Bates family trying out the corn maze---You all know how we are directionally challenged. When we ran into the Lee family at the Patch, we bragged and said, "Yeah, the maze was totally easy. It only took us like 15 minutes to get through." Later all the kids did it by themselves and literally came out of the maze 2 minutes later.
• Kaiya rolling down the straw mountain and some guy had to catch her while her oh-so-NOT-observant Mom was busy talking to Megan Lee. Not my finest mom moment.
8 comments:
Cute Pictures! Kaiya is an absolute doll. I love how she's worried about falling off the bale of hay! What a sweetie! What a fun activity and especially on an awesome Autumn Night. I love this weather!!!
Kaiya 'falling' off the hay bale is so funny. Not in a mean way, enjoying her terror. Just too funny.
I love pumpkin patches too but this year we have totally dropped the ball. We went to an awesome one last year over in Everett. Can that count for 2 years since it was so good?
That picture of Kaiya with her pumpkin is precious!
This is all so worthy of a good Bates family outing story. You guys crack me up!
Carson told me yesterday at the school that you guys were going, and he said that Kaiya was dead set on picking out a "little rotting pumpkin". The look on his face was so funny when he said it!
I'm glad you guys had a great time. We love the pumpkin patch, although we still haven't made it out there yet this year. Both of the kids look adorable holding their pumpkins.
By the way, the maze story is hilarious!
Glad you guys had such a good time. Getting pumpkins is one of the things I look forward to the most. Yesterday was so beautiful and I bet it was just perfect for pumpkin picking.
How cute are your kids? Kaiya's smile with her pumpkin about melts my heart. Is she really as sweet as she looks?
You guys always have funny stories! That's why we love you!
Okay, I had to laugh, because we did the same thing for FHE, only the ghetto version. I was so proud of us for having a family outing to pick out our pumpkins out of the Walmart bins. My kids were ecstatic. Hopefully they won't hear about the Bates Family Pumpkin Patch trip and realize how lame we are!
Post a Comment