25 October, 2007

A Date To Remember

Kaiya and I had our first mother/daughter date tonight when we went to Yakima to see Disney On Ice's Princess Wishes. I was a little nervous to take her because even though she loves all the Disney Princesses, she's only three and definitely has the attention span of a three year old.

I shouldn't have worried though. She did great! She was so excited to go and all day kept saying, "We go to Princess Wishes now?" When we got into town, we went to McDonalds, her favorite restaurant. Then we went to the Sun Dome to see the show.

She was so excited about the coloring book I bought her there. {Yes, I'm a little bit of a sucker when it comes to souvenirs, but at least the coloring book was only $5. I did refrain from the refreshments and light-up toys though. Those light-up toys were crazy expensive and even the cotton candy was $10!} Before the show, she kept showing me all the different pages in the coloring book. She loved telling me about each princess' story.

I was amazed at how engrossed Kaiya was in the show. During the show when each new princess would come on stage, Kaiya would say, "Oh! There's Jasmine!" or "Oh! There's Ariel!" When Snow White came on, she said, "Oh, I yike her. I've never watched her movie before." She was quite worried at intermission though. She hadn't seen Cinderella, one of her favorite Disney Princesses. She said, "Cinderella not here. Why she not come today?"

After 2 fun-filled hours of Princess Wishes, it was time to go home. In the car, Kaiya remarked, "I yike Princess Wishes. I had fun today. I yuv you Mommy!" She was so sweet and cute and it just melted my heart. It just made me want to have so many more fun mother/daughter experiences and moments like this.

8 comments:

dirty>south said...

Sorry I missed out. Of course, Carson made it known to everyone I work with that I, in fact, like the D-Princesses as well. They all laughed at me.

I love my girls. Glad you had a good time.

Kim said...

That sounds like fun. I can just picture Kaiya there...I'm sure she was in Heaven. I'm glad you guys had a good time together! I'm also glad to know that Kaiya loves Disney as much as the rest of us!

Kris said...

What a fun time with Kaiya. I bet Sydnee would love to go to that too! Glad you had a good mother daughter date! I love how you write down exactly how Kaiya talks! It makes reading your blog sound like I'm right there listening to the conversation! She's so cute!

Sarah said...

We went to the regular Disney on Ice a year or two ago in Kennewick and it was pretty entertaining even for us adults. (we're all just kids at heart right?) Glad you were able to have some good mother/daugheter bonding time and enjoy each other's company.

Heather said...

Did Cinderella ever show up??

::lindsay said...

Cinderella did show up. Thank goodness, because Kaiya might have thought the whole evening was a complete bust if she hadn't.

Erin said...

how fun! jade and i need to do something like that...we will wait till she gets a wee bit older...

tharker said...

I can hear the excitement in her voice now! What a fun night for the two of you. She did look very happy this morning when she was telling me about it. I'm glad that Cinderella finally showed up. Can you even imagine how DIFFERENT your car ride home would have been if she wouldn't have come out?

Yeah Jared, you can still keep your Man Card and like Disney Princess with your girls. I'll accept it!