26 October, 2007

"The Perfect Day"

Have any of you heard of "The Perfect Day?" I'm sure a lot of you already have. Unfortunately, I'll admit, most of my news lately comes from either people.com or Oprah on my one channel I do get. Without TV or newspaper to rely on, I have become quite ignorant to what's going on in the world around me. Anyways, I heard about "The Perfect Day" recently from a friend. Let me tell you, I was disturbed. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. After watching video clips on the internet and reading some articles, I thought I would share with those that hadn't heard about it already.

What is The "Perfect Day?" If you would like some more detailed information, you can watch Glenn Beck's 4 part series here. {part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4}. In a nutshell, "the Perfect Day" is the day that Americans are killed on an unprecedented scale. It’s the day that no one, not even our children sitting in their classrooms at school, are safe. It’s the day that seemingly isolated incidents all converge into the greatest threat this country has ever experienced or imagined. It’s the day that the Islamist jihad against the West begins in earnest. It’s “The Perfect Day” - and it’s only perfect if you’re a terrorist.

Glenn Beck's series focuses on one aspect of "The Perfect Day" theory, which is the threat of massive, coordinated attacks against our schools and school buses. There is a plethora of evidence which indicates that the threat against our schools and school buses will come to fruition soon. Computer disks were found in Iraq outlining all of the Department of Education's emergency procedures and security measures for our schools. Also school blueprints were found in an Al-Qaeda safehouse detailing the floor plans of schools around the country, including: San Diego, CA; West Salem, OR; Boyertown, PA; and schools in Texas, Virginia, and New Jersey. In addition, there is evidence that extremists may be training as school bus drivers. 2 Saudi Arabian men were arrested after boarding a school bus and refusing to get off in Florida. The feeling in Florida at the time was that it was just a test run. School buses are missing around the country. Thousands of school bus radios have been reported missing in the Pacific Northwest. Osama Bin Laden has said what we did in Beslan, Russia, we will visit 100 times worse in America. He's even gotten a religious edict allowing him to kill up to 2 million American children and what they are looking for is a school where the girls are old enough to rape and the boys are too small to fight back.

Why would they attack our schools and school buses? The terrorists want to instill fear in each and every one of us. Fear makes anything else possible. Attacking our children would make it so nobody would feel safe anymore. Nothing would get a bigger rage response from us than to attack our children.

Like I said earlier, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. This combined with other news in our country, like Heather's blog about SB777 and Maine handing out birth control pills in public schools to kids as young as 11 without parental consent, just makes me wonder what kind of world we are providing for our children. I feel like the same message is being given to me from every aspect of my life---It is so important that we fortify our homes. Sometimes, though, it's just scary because I wonder if Jared and I are doing a good enough job. There are areas where I know we could be doing better. I guess we all have those feelings at times. I just don't want to look back later in life and have regrets.

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Lindsay, I have not heard about the "Perfect Day" theory either. That is the scariest thing I've ever heard, and I guess that is exactly their motivation right?

Thanks for sharing this and providing the links.

tharker said...

I know that you and I just spent forever talking about this on the phone, but I wanted to say thank you for sharing this. It is so important to keep our eyes and ears open for these kinds of things. I think you are absolutely right about the messages that we seem to be getting as of late. Home is where it's at!

And by the way, I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, you and Jared are doing an amazing job. Just keep doing what you're doing, because it's working. Your family is wonderful, and we love you guys!

Heather said...

Lins, you missed this conversation at the "Non RS function" at Nichols house. Isn't it crazy how insane some people are all in the name of "religion".

And isn't it crazier that so many people don't know about things like this and even SB777.

Melissa is helping out with the petiton to reverse the bill and she said she is shocked at how many Californians don't even have a clue about the bill affecting their children!!!

Glad you highlighted this.

PRP said...

I wish I could continue to proclaim ignorance but I know I can't. This stuff is madness, pure, creep madness. I know that the only think we can do is to educate ourselves which is why a post like this is so important. I hope tons of people see it who were unaware.

And you and Jared rock, by the way!

Alicia Leppert said...

I can't even think about this. I wouldn't let my kids out the door.

Sarah said...

Their tactic is fear, so I know if I let fear take over and control my life they've won. But, I can't help but wish that those sick, sick, evil people would get what's coming to them sooner than later. Thanks for posting this and helping us stay afloat of the latest news. I had not heard of this, I will keep my ears open about anything related. Thanks for reminding me that our homes are our children's haven.

Kris said...

This is down right scary! I have to not think about it too, but I know that stuff is out there for our poor children to learn about! I guess the one thing I can do is give my kids the right info. from me! Thanks Lindsay for posting this info. I haven't heard of this before your post either!

Erin said...

i had not heard of this before your post...very scary...don't even want think about it.

nikongirl said...

Lindsey - I hadn't heard of the "Perfect Day". That is Horribly disturbing. It is truly the scariest thing I have EVER heard. Thank you for sharing this...I like you don't get my news much.
Kim Fetrow

tharker said...

Just wanted to thank you again for this information. I had a nightmare last night, and it kept me awake this morning from 4am until 6am (only 30 minutes before I had to get up anyway)cuz I was so afraid to go back to sleep! It's FREAKING me out!!! So yeah...thanks!

HEEHEEE!

Brooklet said...

Scary, scary, scary. I can't understand people's desire to inflict so much pain and harm to other people. How can they think that killing kids would be okay?!? Its too much for me, sometimes.