This last week I went into a little bit of "panic mode" because I realized that I am completely unprepared to have another baby. I remember when I was pregnant with Carson, I thought about being pregnant and having a new baby all the time. With this baby, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I haven't thought about it much, until now. I guess it's because I've just gotten caught up in my daily responsibilities. It finally hit me the other day, "Oh my goodness! I'm really having a baby...and soon!
We still don't have either a girl or boy name picked out for the baby. At least we have some possibilities for a girl name, but unfortunately Jared and I both think the baby is a boy. We have absolutely no possible boy names. I've decided boy names are really hard to pick out because it seems like there really aren't that many to choose from. Plus, Jared and I have a hard time choosing names in general because one of us will suggest a name and the other will be like, "Oh, no!! I had a friend who knew a kid who knew another kid with that name and he was just awful!" See...we are really picky!
I also realized the other day that all my baby stuff is packed away in storage. I guess I'm starting to get in "nesting" mode and I want to get all my baby stuff out and organize it. I'm the type of person that likes to be prepared so the fact that I can't even get prepared is freaking me out.
Another little side realization---When you're pregnant, it's like you have to get 2 full sets of maternity clothes. You know, clothes for the first 2 trimesters and then a full other set of clothes for the last few weeks because you're larger-than-life and your first set of clothes don't fit anymore. So this is where I'm at right now. My clothes don't fit anymore and I'm faced with going out and buying new ones. I've thought to myself, "I don't want to buy new clothes because I only have 10 weeks to go." But, really it is still 10 weeks to go. I can't just wear my capri pants in the winter and I can't have the buttons on my shirts start popping off from my huge belly pulling on them all day. I've already gained as much weight as I did during my pregnancy with Kaiya. Yikes!
Who ever said pregnancy was pretty?
18 comments:
You look so CUTE!! I love the picture! Pregnancy is not easy. I can't believe that you only have 10 weeks left! AWESOME!! I hate the fact of buying so many different sizes of clothes during a pregnancy. Not fun! You look great!
I'm so glad you posted a picture of yourself. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that you are actually pregnant...now it seems more real to me. (Not that it really matters what I think.) I'm so excited to see this baby. You think boy, huh? I keep thinking girl!
You seriously look adorable. You have that pregnancy glow that is so cute. You still look pretty tiny to me. I hear you on wanting to organzie and be prepared. It cuts down on the anxiety.
Who ever said pregnancy was pretty? Uhhh...I think after seeing this picture, someone should!!!! I know I've told you before, but you look amazing for being 7 MONTHS PREGNANT!!!!
I know what you mean about the two sets of clothes. It's hard to justify spending money on clothes that you'll only be able to wear for a couple of months, but like you said, you can't really wear your capri's in December!
I can't wait to meet your little Quintarius!
oh linds, you look great...i gained over 70lbs with both..uh oh! ha ha! oh well...just wear sweats for the rest of the pregnancy...ha! i think i did that for the last month i was so uncomfortable. how exciting...a new baby...don't worry...everything will come together...it always does! :)
You look adorable. Seriously. But then again, I've never seen you NOT look adorable.
Uh, you make pregnancy look pretty! You are so cute and dainty pregnant!
You look great- the countdown begins.
You're gorgeous!! Wow, only 10 weeks to go? Really? That's going to be here before you know it! Can't wait to meet the new Bates Baby!!
fishing for compliments are we? Because you are the hottest pregant lady I know, and I mean that in least creapy way possible!
So, I have joined the blogging universe just to tell you this: when I pulled up your blog this evening, Kesley took one look at your picture and exclaimed in her high-pitched voice, "Lindsay's pregnant?!!???!!" Here you are 10 weeks from delivery and there are still people out there (obviously not overly perceptive people) who are just realizing you are with child.
You look amazing and, while you have so little to wear now, just think - you'll be sporting your cute winter pre-prego clothes by the time you leave the hospital!
You look fabulous Lindsay! I have been doing the exact same thing with the pregnancy. The procrastination is out of control! I'm 2 weeks behind you and for some reason 12 weeks sounds so much longer than 10. I'll wait 2 more weeks before thinking about anything again.
Don't even get me started on the clothing aspect of this process! I'd leave way too long of a comment and seem like a crazy person!
Wow... good thing i wasn't even informed that another one of my lovely relatives was pregnant.
I know this one name that's never used and has some real power.
Corbin...boo yeah! Give that some thought eh?
Okay, first let me say I LOVE the name Corbin, and it starts with the "kuh" sound, so it works!
Second, Lindsay, every woman in the world would KILL to look like you pregnant. I guarentee you still weigh less than I do right now!
I agree with Alicia, I would have LOVED to look that good 7 months prego, Oh wait, I would LOVE to look that good now! LOL
You look so good. Adorable really.
Wow, if you don't look like you think you should, you must think you should look like a super model because you look awesome for 30 weeks. Trust me...I have something to judge it by! You couldn't look better...I will be jumping on the photo bandwagon here too this week, I realized I took pictures every month with Marlee and really none so far with poor Makenna, so watch out...I'm sure you'll be feeling much better about life when I post them!! lol
Mandi
Pregnancy on you IS PRETTY. I swear you look great. I love it.
Post a Comment