10 September, 2007

At Long Last

I'm back to real life now and already I want to go back and enjoy more of this...


and this...

Where was I? I was in San Diego to attend my dear friend/cousin Alysha's wedding.

I just had the best time.  After a few early mishaps--forgotten temple recommend and expired driver's license--I arrived Thursday afternoon in San Diego along with my mother-in-law Tami, Grandma Earl, David & Peggy, and Daishan. We had a whirlwind weekend of eating, pedicures, movies, laying out by the pool and reading good books, walks by the beach, and of course, Alysha's BBQ (in lieu of a reception), Alysha's wedding and luncheon.

It was so fun to be around family. Daishan and I rarely get to spend time together anymore so it was wonderful to hang out again. Though I've been married to Jared for several years, I think this was the first time I had spent any extended length of time with David and Peggy. They are hilarious! I actually travel with them well too. Since I'm so indecisive it's nice to be around someone like David who can be like, "We are doing this in the morning, then we're doing this, this, and this...I thought we could go eat here...Oh, yeah, I think we'll just order this because these are the best on the menu..."

While all the eating, playing, and relaxing was a complete blast, the real reason we were all there was for Alysha's wedding. I was so happy I was able to go. Brandon and Alysha make such a great couple and Brandon seems like a terrific guy. I loved being a part of Alysha's special day and seeing her so happy.


Alysha and I have such a long history together and I feel so grateful to have her in my life. We were friends growing up through dance and became super close during our high school years. If we weren't spending time together at ballet or tap, we were at drill team together, or choreographing routines, doing homework while Collin gave us back massages and telling us why he thought we were losers, or having fun just hanging out and being silly. I spent countless hours over at her house and I love how her parents, Tom and Gail, always made me feel so welcome and loved, like I was a part of the family.

Out of all the people in my life, Alysha is definitely one of the most influential. Not only was she such a good example to me throughout my teen years, but she is the one responsible for the things which I hold most sacred and dear. Through her, I found the gospel and my husband, Jared. Talk about literally changing the course of someone's life!

Congratulations, Alysha! You are the best!

10 comments:

tharker said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go and have such a great time.

I love your new dress!!!!

I'm glad that Alysha introduced you to the gospel and to Jared too. Without her, we wouldn't even know eachother!

Congrats to Alysha and Brandon...not like I know them or anything...I just get so happy seeing a new bride and groom!

Angie said...

looks like you guys had a blast...i would have gone but i never got my invitation.... :) p.s. JT missed you.

Kim said...

It sounds like you guys had a great trip. I'm sure you enjoyed it very much. Alysha looked so beautiful...I'm so happy for her. You're not looking too bad yourself, either!

Brooklet said...

What a great friend! It is amazing to map out the influence that she has had.

You look so darn cute in the that dress!

Mandi said...

yay! I think you're the first one to get pictures up! Nice work. It was good to see you and I know Alysha was glad everyone there came. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Tom Earl said...

I can't begin to tell you how great it was to have you with us! We are blessed to have you not only as a friend but as family. I love it when a plan comes together!

Kris said...

Looks like you had a great trip! How fun to get away for a little bit! Sounds like Alysha is a great person! Tyler is so bummed that Carson is not in his class! He keeps saying that he wasn't in class! I'll have to tell him that he got transferred! We are sad about that!

Sarah said...

Alysha sounds like a good friend and that's an amazing story you can tell your children and your future grandchildren. So neat.

ashleyboice said...

lindsay...you asked about the books I was reading...I get asked that all the time and I can never remember anything so I posted them on a blog...

www.myreadingrainbow.blogspot.com

I don't know if you will find anything there worth reading or not, but reguardless...enjoy.

mumovearls said...

great pictures I have more I'll let you know when I get them