14 August, 2007

The Shoes Make the Man


Carson has been on cloud-nine since yesterday. Apparently I fulfilled his childhood wish of getting SKECHERS TENNIS SHOES! Ever since the latter half of school last year he has been obsessed with Skechers shoes. All last year he asked, "Can I get some Skechers shoes? They are so cool!" I thought to myself, "Are you kidding me? He's into brand-name stuff in Kindergarten?" Unfortunately for Carson, his other shoes fit just fine, so his request was denied several times.

Now that school is starting soon, we went shopping yesterday for a new pair of tennis shoes. Again came the request for Skechers tennis shoes, AKA "the best shoes on the planet earth." We went to Fred Meyer and lo and behold, they had Skechers tennis shoes on sale!

Carson immediately picked out a grey/blue/black tie up pair that he thought was the coolest. He thanked me profusely several times. He put them on in the car and the rest of the day kept saying things like, "Wow! I look so good!" "Watch Mom, I'm a way faster runner in my Skechers shoes!" "Mom, look how high I jump in my Skechers shoes!" "I'm ready for first grade now that I have my Skechers shoes!" My favorite line though was, "Welcome to the new me!"

Who knew that a new pair of shoes could be so life-changing!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

HAHA! Shayla has a pair of shoes that "make me run faster", so she would always wear them on P.E. day, to bad she has grown out of them. Hopefully we can find a pair that will do the same thing for her!

::lindsay said...

Maybe you ought to get her a pair of SKECHERS, Jessica!

Angie said...

I'M WITH CARSON, IT'S AMAZING WHAT A NEW PAIR OF SHOES CAN DO FOR THE SOUL.

tamiearl said...

I'm so happy for Carson. I know he's been wanting those shoes for so long! Excited to see you all this weekend. I know this is the wrong post, but "high five" to Missy for being in big-girl princess panties now! I love you all.

Kris said...

Tyler was the same way. He was so excited when we found him some Skechers for his new school year too! Oh what makes a 6 year old happy! I'm glad he's happy!

Heather said...

He looks handsome sportin those shoes!

Brooklet said...

I love his new found confidence!! So funny!

Whenever we go shoe shopping for Claire (which puts her in seventh heaven) she always seeks out the Dora or Princess shoes, which I have a strict policy against. I can persuade her now, but it sounds like soon, I am going to have a tougher battle- seriously, requesting a name brand in kindergarten?!?

PS- so glad you finally have a blog!

Kim said...

It's like us with our Esprit bags and guess jeans...it's all about the name! He looks very cool in them. You'll have to tell him I said so. Love ya! See you tomorrow. We should get there around 7:00ish.

Erin said...

i love it...welcome to the new me...so cute!

melanie said...

I'm laughing so hard over this post. Nathan asks for them all the time too, dang commercials. He listens to them more than the shows. He thinks he would run really fast with Skechers. We are school shopping tomorrow, I'll have to check out Fred Meyer.