11 August, 2007

One Step Closer to the Asian Squat?

I feel as though I accomplished something amazing this week. Well, it's not really even my accomplishment, but I definitely reap the benefits of it. You heard it here first people...Kaiya is officially out of diapers!

Okay, soooo her 3rd birthday is a little over 3 weeks away. SURE, I should have potty-trained her 6 months to 1 year ago. MAYBE I'm a lazy mommy and complete potty-training slacker. WHATEVER! This is my moment and I won't let little details like that ruin it.

No more spending 30 bones at the store for a box of diapers. No more begging Jared, "Please change her diaper. I changed the last few." No more changing grotesque diapers. No more of Kaiya saying, "No, not the Mickey and Pluto diaper. I want the one with Minnie!" [ See, just one more blaring sign that it was time. If your child can vocalize which diaper she wants to wear, she's too old to be wearing them ]

I started potty-training Kaiya last Friday and it's been pretty smooth sailing since. She's been accident free since Thursday and has even slept through the night without accidents!

The only little glitch was when we were at Burlington Coat Factory and she used their public restrooms. She was sitting on the big potty, let go with her arms, and fell in. Hopefully that didn't scar her for life. I don't know what I'll do if I have ANOTHER child who does the Asian squat standing on the toilet rather than sitting.

There you have it. The Bates family is diaper free...well, for 4 more months!

10 comments:

Kim said...

I bet you are so excited!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could potty train from birth. Seriously, Aaron and I get into more arguments over poopy diapers than anything else!

Angie said...

tell kaiya i am so proud of my little princess.

Kris said...

Wow, that is fast to get it done! Congratulations on being diaper free! I hope she can go potty in all the public restrooms without falling in again! That's funny!

Jessica said...

Ok I have never heard of the "Asian Squat"! Does she really do that??? To funny!
It is so nice not to have to buy diapers for a while!! Not to much long and I will never have to buy them again!

tharker said...

Oh Carson and the Asian Squat! I miss those days! The picture on your blog is PRICELESS!!! I started laughing out loud as soon as I read the title!

Way to go Kaiya! Hoofy is soooo proud of you!

So glad that you'll have a few months before you have the baby with no diapers! Oh wait, did I just ruin your euphoria?

Tom Earl said...

It's business time.....oh - wrong post! Great job! I check out your blog often!

Heather said...

YEAH! At least that's thirty bones you get to keep for a few months.... go buy yourself something adorable- preferably not in mint green or yellow.

Shayla said...

You did it BEFORE the third birthday, you should be congratulating yourself big time!! And WHILE you're pregnant with the next one, seriously HOO-RAY! Now you don't have to have two kids in diapers at the same time, not fun.

meohmyers said...

What the heck? Where was I when you announced you had a blog?!?! Lindsay, really, you should have let me know sooner!! Luckily, your archives didn't take too long to read. You have one funny family. I laughed so much today!! Thanks for that! Can't wait to add you to my favorites. You've just acquired another faithful reader!

mumovearls said...

yeah!!!! Hip hip hooray! Hope that doesn't scar her It would for me.