While we were there, our neighbors-to-be all came out of their houses one by one to introduce themselves to us. They were all so nice! There are kids Kaiya and Carson's ages so our kids will have some playmates.
Jared and I couldn't believe the drastic change this was from our last neighborhood. While we liked where we lived before, it was not exactly a friendly neighborhood. I think the amount of talking with our new neighbors exceeded the amount of interaction we had with our former neighbors. Pretty sad, since we lived in our last house about 4 years.
Seeing the progress on the house was just the rejuvenation we needed. We are currently living in a 2 bedroom, tiny apartment, and it, well...blows! I'm kind of embarrassed to say, but I think the worst part of apartment living is that we don't have cable or dish TV. {Yes, my name is Lindsay Bates and I'm a TV addict. } You all know how much Jared and I love our TV, so to go to nothing has been a little rough. Watching So You Think You Can Dance this summer was a little tricky, so thank goodness for my fellow couch potato friends who let me come over to their house to watch it. I don't know what I'll do this fall when my shows come back on. I guess I'll have to rely on those same aforementioned friends to watch shows, and they, in turn, are now probably going to start checking their caller ID on a regular basis to avoid me!
Our builder said that once they pour the foundation, it is usually 60-90 days until the house is finished. They are currently building over 40 houses so they are a little behind. We are keeping our fingers crossed that our house will be finished by December, before the baby is born. Wish us luck!
11 comments:
i'm totally excited to see the new house. i don't know how you are possibly living without tv. that's rough
Did you seriously just call me a couch potato? See if I ever invite you over to my house again.
I went by and saw your lot the other day too! That's so exciting that it is started!!! Good luck with getting your house done by Dec. I hope it happens so you can be in your new house for Christmas and to bring home that baby!!
Well don't bother calling me. We are down to newtwork TV and no antenna- so that's not even great.
Surprisingly though, Jeremy and I are totally lovin' it.
That will be so fun to check on your house as it's getting built. I love doing that!
No TV sucks...there's nothing more to say. I feel for you guys!
Um, FELLOW couch potato, Nicole. Since when do I have to be invited anyways!
I linked over here fom Heather's blog, and you're posts are cracking me up. I heard you will be moving into our ward, that's cool. I swear we need to have an activity just for meeting all of the new people. Good luck on your house, don't be afraid to call up Sandy and ask her specefics or complain if things are not being done the way you want them. That's one of the big things we learned from building our house was we had to constantly check on things (whihch I'm sure you already know). Ok, sorry for the long comment.
I'm so not offended by being called a couch potato! You know your butt is always welcome on my couch!!!!
The whole TV thing is more than I can imagine dealing with! I'm afraid I would be much more insistent, but that's just me. Excited about the house progress.
how fun - a new house! you'll have to keep sending pics! on the tv note- if you can believe it... since i have lived in seattle (9 years) i have never had cable-just two or three stations...poor me! ha!
That's exciting that they got the foundation in, hopefully the house will be done before the baby comes! We only get the local stations, but just FYI most stations play the shows on their website after they have aired, if your internet is high speed you can watch them on there.
Post a Comment