21 August, 2007

Asians. Love 'em.


My Boo [Lindsay] keeps trippin' on me to write a post, so let me drop some science:

Here's me [left, middle] as I'm reaching for the bag full of yellow pieces while we're setting up the Settlers of Catan™ game at our family reunion.

"I want to be the Asians!"

Of course, Linh [Ike's fiance...who's Vietnamese] was sitting right across from me, and Aaron just looked over like "Oh no you di-ent!" All I could do was keep looking at him and try to change the subject: "Sweet reunion, huh? Those home made scones were money."

I'm sure Linh was like, "Only if Lindsay knew!" But, of course, anyone who knows me is used to me saying something lame like that every time I play it.

THE BROWNS: "I'll be the Mexicans!"
THE REDS: "I'll be the Engines!"
THE PURPLES: "I'll be the lesbians!"

I guess since I married an Asian maybe I sometimes I think I have some unofficial authorization to make asian jokes, kind of like if you have a friend who's black it gives you the right to talk gangsta and listen to hip hop.

Of course, since I'm part Irish I'm always the green pieces anyway. [They're the best fighters]

"Oh snap!"

Don't worry. I have a black friend so I can say that.

8 comments:

PRP said...

You are killing me!!!!

I can't stop laughing and I really need to go to bed.

Not only will your man card be taken away, but every nail salon in the greater Tri-Cities will boycott you.

Don't worry, I have an Asian friend, so I can say that.

tharker said...

Holy Crap Jared, why are you so funny?!!!! If you don't watch it, Lindsay gonna give you a piece of her "scary Asian eyes"! You freakin crack me up. Thanks for the laugh!

Kim said...

I take offense to the purple lesbian remark!!

too funny =)

Heather said...

Seriously!! That's all I can say.

meohmyers said...

That is hilarious! You are so funny Jared! I'm sure your family reunions are always a riot!

Angie said...

you got me straight trippin' boo.

ashleyboice said...

Haahaa....so funny.

Jessica said...

That was so funny!!!