08 August, 2007

Hooray! It's a.....

What day does an expectant mom look forward to most during her pregnancy?

Having the baby?

Well yes, but second best is the ultrasound.

Today was mine. I couldn't wait to see my baby on screen and perhaps take some amazing pictures. I'm always excited for my 20 week ultrasound when I'm pregnant, but each time I always have some degree of nervousness. If the doctors are going to find any abnormalities while the baby is in utero, the ultrasound is when they are going to discover them.

The ultrasound turned out great. I don't know why I always worry about it in the first place. Well, on second thought, I'm such a freak-show sometimes and worry about everything so why should this be any different?

Dr. Andersen said the the baby looked really healthy. All fingers and toes accounted for, no cleft palette [another strange worry of mine], the usually large cranium [my side] and signs of Flintstone feet [jared's side], where the toes all line up. [ Editor's Note: Those are not Lindsay's legs. The photo is there only to illustrate the horrible curse that is Flintstone feet ]

Okay, are you all ready to know what we're having?

We are having a beautiful.....wait for it....baby [sex will be determined in December]. After much convincing on Jared's part [and others] to my protest, we've decided to not find out the sex of the baby and let it be a surprise. Can you all believe I'm going along with it? I can't. Even Dr. Andersen was like, "You don't seem like the kind of person that could handle that."

I have some theories though. I think it's a boy. At the beginning of the ultrasound, the tech had to leave the room for a few minutes. Later, when we asked her if she could easily tell the sex of the baby, she said, "Oh, yes. I could tell before I left the room." Clearly a boy, don't you think? I shared my theory with Dr. Andersen and he didn't agree though. He said sometimes girls are easier to see right away because boys' privates can be mistaken for the umbillical cord [that's what she said]--hacked by Jared!!! Boo Yah!

On a funny little side note, our ward definitely has too many pregnant women. How do I know this? When I was waiting for my ultrasound, two other women from my ward were getting their 20 week ultrasounds at the same time.

Anyway, here's some pics. Enjoy.



9 comments:

PRP said...

You'll be so glad you don't know, I promise! It so much fun this way. Way to hold out Lins!

Erin said...

wow...i just love seeing ultrasound pics..so amazing..perfect profile too! i think that is so cool that you are waiting to find out the sex..not like you have to go out and buy much- if we have a 3rd we are going to do the same thing!! congrats!

Kim said...

I seriously can't believe that you have enough will power to wait to find out the sex. Honestly, I know I couldn't do it once I was in there. But, now that I know your doctor's name, maybe I'll give him a call and found out myself. The baby looks great...I can't wait to me IT!

Heather said...

Thanks for the update about the blog, glad I stumbled upon it randomly.

I saw Jared driving to US appt as I was driving to the orthodontist. I would have been excited but then I just knew it was going to be 20 more weeks I have to wait to find out what the next Bates Baby will be.

Angie said...

hopefully the baby won't have a limp leg or turn out deaf. don't worry i will be there to point it out if "it" does.

(for everyone else reading this i'm not being cruel, it's an inside joke....just so you know)

tharker said...

I can't wait to meet this little one! Hopefully Kaiya won't be too jealous if I hold her new little bro or sis. Don't worry Kaiya, I'll always be your "hoofy"!

ashleyboice said...

I know how you feel I bawled my brains out when the ultrasound tech told me Robbie had both kidney's...that for some reason is my weird paranoia.

Samantha said...

wow, you are stronger than I am. I had to findout my babies sexes at 16 weeks, i couldn't wait any longer.

tharker said...

I feel so much better now, knowing that those are not your feet!!!! heehee!