Twelve.....
That was certainly a magic number around this house. Carson was so ecstatic to turn 12. He was so excited to get the priesthood, so excited to pass the sacrament and most importantly, so excited to go to Young Mens!
It was the saddest thing really...in our ward he has that late December birthday. While 5 of the other 6 boys turned 12 in April/May and the 6th boy turned 12 in August, Carson had to tough it out on his own in Primary and Scouts for 4 months by himself. Every Wednesday night he was by himself with his 11 year old scout leaders and he would look longingly over at the boys at Mutual. Every Sharing Time he looked like he wanted to slit his wrists and let's not forget the Primary Program. It was comical how miserable he looked up there.
But now he finally is 12! As part of the "hazing" process, the boys/leaders would always tell the new boy that he was going to have to give the lesson his first day in Young Mens. It was totally a joke, because really, who would actually take them seriously and prepare a lesson?
Well, Carson took them seriously and he actually prepared a lesson for his first Sunday in Young Mens! Lol!
Our ward also snagged him right away to give his first talk in Sacrament Meeting. He did really good, if I do say so myself. One of my favorite parts is that he tries to memorize his talk, even though we said that wasn't necessary. It's so cute watching him up there. You can tell he's trying to recall exactly what he put on his paper instead of just improvising. He was trying to do his very best and took it really seriously. So so cute.
Here's a pic of him after his first Temple Night. Oh and guess what he did?!
Yep, that's right....he forgot his change of underwear....even though we specifically said, "You've got your bag with your change of clothes?" They say you only forget once! Lol! I don't think he cared too much though, he was just pumped to be a part of things.
Oh and here's a picture of him with the Primary Birthday Candle....All the kids have to put that on when it's their birthday and get sung to. As you can imagine, the older boys aren't thrilled about it. He thought he was going to get away with not having to do it since he wasn't in Primary on his birthday. Don't worry, Jared and I made sure he would still get his opportunity and of course we made sure to take a picture!
1. What is your favorite color?
Navy blue
2. What is your favorite toy?
My Nook
3. What is your favorite fruit?
Apple, no actually pears. Pears are good.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Avengers
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Doritos
6. What is your favorite outfit?
No...just...No....I'm not a girl
7. What is your favorite game?
NBA2K13
8. What is your favorite snack?
Pretzels
9. What is your favorite animal?
Piranha
10. What is your favorite song?
Gangham Style, I have to give one out to Psy
11. What is your favorite book?
Theodore Boone
12. Who is your best friend?
Cameron, Chandler, Ray, Jacob
13. What is your favorite cereal?
Cookie Crisp
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Run around
15. What is your favorite drink?
Fanta
16. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
My Nook
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Pancakes with bacon and hashbrowns and orange juice
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
dunno
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
An engineer

3 comments:
Man, i wish I could have seen Carson performing in the program as the lone old kid...that would have hilarious.
I love Carson. He is such a great kid.
I love that kid! I can't even believe he's twelve years old. I swear he was just this tiny little guy telling me all of the U.S. Presidents names and collecting state quarters.
One thing that has always impressed me about Carson is how he treats younger kids. I would be so easy for him to just brush them off as an annoying little kid, but I have seen him time after time get down on the floor and play with them. He truly is interested in them and you can tell he wants to make them happy. He's such a good kid and I have just loved watching him grow up.
https://www.zippozip.com/2021/01/beli-zippo-knight-fight-49292-original.html
Post a Comment