13 September, 2010

I've been stressed out.

I'll spare you the details, since quite frankly, I'm sure none of you want to read about the massive pity party I would unleash.

Today though, I think all the stress just built up and it was like the dam burst today. I totally got upset and yelled over something that wasn't a big deal at all. And of course, the casualty of my outburst was my child who needed it the least.

Then the guilt set in. Now I feel horrible.

Does that make me a crappy mom? Please tell me that I'm not the only one that does this.

13 comments:

Kim said...

No, no, no you aren't the only mom that has done this!! Sorry, you're having a rough time. Sometimes it all just builds up, like you said, and bursts. It seems like more than you can handle. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Love ya!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

You are absolutely NOT alone on this one. I think we have all done it. Just remember your human and that means you’re not perfect. Oh stress and the things we do and don't do because of it! Just remember this too shall pass... Keep in mind you are amazing even on your down days.

Angie said...

Oh myhre, you are not alone. Since Q is usually the only one around, she has unfortunately been at the wrong end of a personal "dam burst" of mine.
I hope life gets better, and the child in question gets lot of hugs to make up for the bad stuff.

I'm bringing you some cupcakes tomorrow...does that it all better?

Sarah said...

You're absolutely not the only one who has lashed out at their kids unintentionally at one time or another. It happens a lot more than I would like over at our house and it's definitely stress related for me too. Sometimes the "craziness" just ereupts around us and it's hard to reign it all in and not take it out on others. I'm so grateful that children are much more forgiving than adults, I need that forgiveness on a daily basis.

PRP said...

You are such a wonderful mother. One of the very best I know.

We've all been there, repeatedly, and we'll all be there again. Life sometimes gets in the way of us living and we lose control for a bit. Your children know how much they are loved and adored and have probably forgotten all about it already. Give yourself a break and know that your life as a mother isn't measured by this one moment. It's all the other moments that matter.

Love you!

Sara said...

Don't stress, we all have those days and lucky children are so forgiving and so loving.

Lisa said...

You are so, so not the only one. Unfortunately I fit into the category as well.
There are some days when I look at my sleeping children and I think, all I did today was yell. I always promise to do better the next day...and sometimes it even happens!
Hang in there.

hatch said...

Guilty here too. I wish I could say I have never done that, but I have more than I should.For me it is stress from other things too.

I am sorry you are feeling stressed out. I hope life slows down for you soon.

melanie said...

You are a wonderful mom Lindsay and most definitely are not the only mom left with this feeling after an outburst. It's hard, so hard. We work through it and move on the next day. I know you'll do it, give hugs, encouragement and have a better day. Thinking of you!

Hope the cupcake helps! :)

tharker said...

Does this make you a crappy mom? NO. What would make you a crappy mom would be not caring that you hurt your child's feelings. But you are the absolute opposite of crappy mom, Linds.

You are so wonderful, and your children have no doubts that you love them and would literally do anything for them.

And you are definitely not alone. I've done it. We've ALL done it. Being a mom is hard. The hardest thing I think, we'll ever do. We do our best, we make mistakes, we apologize, and try to do better the next day. You're doing a great job!

I love you!!

Julie said...

we all do it, and all feel so bad afterall. The kid will survive. I learned this weekend, "you are doing your best and your best is good enough!"

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only mom that did that ;) Unfortunately we are meanest to the ones we love the most. Luckily they love us the most too, cuz they forgive and forget in a second!

Mandy Rasmussen said...

You aren't alone...nobody is perfect; and we all try our best and that is all that matters in HIS eyes. What is in our hearts matters the most; because we are not yet perfect. We are stressed out moms trying to make a difference in our children's lives and being a good wife to our husbands...both of which are challenging callings. I think as woman we are harder on ourselves than anything. Look forward to being your neighbor! What ward our we and what time do we meet? And where? We are probably going to start going to that ward soon.