Here's Kaiya ready to head off for her first day of Kindergarten:

Here's Carson, my big 4th grader:

Kaiya's so excited this year to be at the same school as Carson. Aren't they cute:

I took Carson's buddy, Jacob, to school today too. Here they are together:
Kaiya in line ready to go inside. She's getting nervous...
Ready for her first day:
Once all the kids got inside the teacher promptly closed the door and then I immediately started crying. You think I'd never done this before. Actually, the ironic part is that when Carson went to Kindergarten, I was like, "Have fun buddy!" and left with no tears in sight. Sending Kaiya to Kindergarten was much harder for me. I'm sure it had to do with the fact the Carson was so excited to go and start that next chapter of his life. Kaiya, while excited, has been extremely nervous as well. I've been so anxious to send her. I know her teacher this year is great though and will do her best to help Kaiya grow socially and let her light shine.
Here's Kaiya after her first day at pick-up time:
Look at her! All Smiles!
While in the car, Kaiya said, "My first day was awesome!!!"
Really, could I ask for anything more?!
She was pumped because she had art today. Her art teacher said, "Okay, I'm going to give you something hard. Draw a square." Kaiya said to me, "Mom, that's so easy!" Kaiya then said, "Maybe Kindergarten won't be so hard."
Oh and one more cute thing: Kaiya's teacher, Miss Maxwell, said that Kaiya drew her a picture and labeled it, "Happy Me". Yea! Today was a success!
When Carson got home I immediately started asking him about his day. With Kaiya's first day over and a success, I was anxious to hear how his day went. He was all smiles too. He then told me all the fun things they are going to get to do during the year like: creating their own money and having jobs and running a city, adopting a whale, doing the wax museum in the fall and spring, and tons of other fun stuff. It was nice to see him so excited about learning!
And now today I've sent them off to school again and it's just Chlo-Bo and I in the house.
Weird.
10 comments:
Hooray! I'm so excited that everything went well. I know you are incredibly relieved. Here's to a great year for two great kids!
Yeah I am so happy you had a great first day!
Oh I'm so glad kaiya had a good first day...I have a good feeling about this year.
Carson's school year sounds awesome! In my 6th grade class we had a city, court system, businesses, and money...I loved it!
I am so happy for Kaiya that she had such a great first day!!!! This is just the beginning!!
I love these pictures. Love your kiddos!!
The smiles say it all!
I always loved the beginning of school each year. It's full of excitement and anticipation. Plus, you get new school supplies! So glad they both had a great first day. I would love to teach either one of those kids. Love them!
Ang, I totally thought of Mr. Deebach's class, too. The best!
I've been thinking about you, Lindsay, knowing you were sending Kaiya off for her first day of kindergarten this year. Glad to hear it went well. It's extra-hard, I think, to send off our kiddos that are extra-sensitive and anxious about new things. You just want to pad them and keep them from having to feel anxiety, when instead we're expected to push them out the door and smile and wave. Nobody told me watching my child's anxiety would be so much harder than experiencing my own. I hope she continues to have a good year. We loved Miss Maxwell.
Glad everyone enjoyed their first day of school! They were looking sharp in their new school clothes. That little picture of Kaiya getting ready to go into class just got me. She looks so nervous, but the smile in the other picture makes up for it.
Yay! I'm glad it was a success. Here's to many more happy days!
Carolina had her first day today, she is in kindergarten too. It is so fun to see other people doing the same stuff as me. It is wierd to be a parent and you care so much about how your little ones are feeling, and you want school to be great for them. I was nervous all morning for Carolina. Glad it went well!
Post a Comment