Anyhoo....{long, LONG, post on each kid coming up...I don't blame any of you if you stop reading at this point...don't say I didn't warn you.}
Chloe is still her same funny, sweet self. I just can't get enough of that girl, or her chubby cheeks, cheesy smile. She is our little court jester. She is constantly trying to make people laugh. Whether she's "shaking her booty" or moving her arms back and forth with her funny facial expressions, we all just think she's hilarious. She knows it too. She is the stereotypical "baby" of the family. I think each and every one of us probably let her get away with a little more than we should. I mean she's 2 1/2 and I still carry her around for cryin' out loud!
She talks in these complete sentences now with her cute little voice. The funniest thing though is her picking up on all the stuff everyone else in the family says. I don't remember that as much from the other kids. Some of her funnies include: "What the?...." or "Boo-ya!" or "Owned" or "Ownage!" She even picks up on the hand gestures too. Yes, that means she joined the rest of the gang and now tries to flash her very own "gun" for pictures. Fabulous. Oh, and the other day, she actually gave me a fist bump, in the proper context too, like she knew what type of situations you would give someone a fist bump. That seriously cracked me up.
Chlo-Bo still likes to eat too. You'll constantly find her first in line ready for dinner, ready for a snack or whatever. She'll be your best friend as long as you've got food to give and she's shameless in begging to have whatever you are literally eating. One of my favorite stories of her was when she got invited to her very first friend birthday party. All the kids were excitedly playing the games and doing the activities. Not Chloe. She was at the snack table. THE. ENTIRE. TIME. No games for her. She only stopped eating snacks when it was time for cake.
Her favorite animal right now is a cat. She loves cats! She actually calls them "Meows" or "Meow cats". Cute huh! It all started with this stuffed white cat at Angie's house. She LOVED it. Anytime we were at a store, she would ask for a cat. I decided I would buy her one. Of course whenever you are actually looking for something, that is when you can't find it.
Finally, our search took us to Toys R Us. We went to the stuffed animal section, and she immediately took to one of the stuffed animals. She saw the white little furball and started loving on it, and repeatedly saying, "Look! It's my Meow! Hi, Meow!" I thought, "Oh great! We finally found one!"
And then when I was paying for it, I got a closer look. At a quick glance, it looked like a cat, but on closer inspection, I thought, "It's a dog! I think?!..." So while it's small, white and has pointy ears, there are NO WHISKERS! Perhaps it's a little Siberian Husky dog?!
Here---Take a look: {Oh, and excuse the picture....Chlo-Bo has loved on it for several months now and it looks atrocious}
See what I mean! It's a very ambiguous looking stuffed animal. It's a cat! It's a dog! Who the freak knows!
Remember that SNL character, "It's Pat!" That's like our little stuffed animal. We're not quite sure what it is, so we've taken to calling it, "It's Cat!" or just "Cat" {cat in quotations} for short.
Now her feline love has really taken off. She loves Hello Kitty {which I can get behind, because Hello Kitty is cute!}. She even has this cute little Hello Kitty purse I bought her that she now takes EVERYWHERE with her.
Isn't it adorable!
And come on, what is cuter than little Asian girl obsessed with Hello Kitty! Look at me, passing on Asian heritage to my daughter! :)
Unlike the cute Hello Kitty, Karen passed on a "lovely" {sarcastically said} cat on a pillow that her daughter Hannah bought at a garage sale to Chloe. It was love at first sight for Chloe. She seriously treats the cat with reverence, ever so gently petting it and talking to it in the sweetest voice.
I have numerous issues with this sicknast pillow cat.
Namely...
1. It was bought at a garage sale. I have nothing against garage sales, but I don't like stuffed animals from garage sales because stuffed animals have germs. And you know how a germaphobe like me feels about germs. EWWWWW!!!
2. It looks freakishly real, which freaks me out. In fact, it looks real enough that Hannah even told my girls that it was a cat that got hit by a car and was then stuffed. So now my girls tell everyone who sees the cat that it's a real stuffed cat.
Here's Chlo-Bo with her two prized possessions:

Though something very devastating happened the other evening. Part of pillow cat's face came off! I don't know how it happened, but Chloe was just devastated.
Take a look:
Yep, now she's disfigured....
Jared then promptly started calling it "Phantom Meow Cat of the Opera" because pillow cat now looks like she has a mask on her face. He even took to singing, "Meow, meow meow meow meow meow" to the tune of Phantom of the Opera and Chloe is singing it all over the house.
Oh, my family. I don't even know what to do with them sometimes.
So that's about it with Chloe. She is just the happiest little girl and makes me so happy. It's too funny because while Kaiya is the most "girly girl" you'll ever meet, Chloe is always a bit disheveled looking. Even if she starts the day with a nice outfit and hair done, by the end of the day, she has food caked all over her face, her hair pulled out, all crazy and in her eyes, her clothes are all dirty, and that is if she even has clothes on at all.

8 comments:
that pillow cat is the most frightening thing ever!! wow.
Oh chlo-bo is so freakin cute....with that smile, I can understand why she gets away with so much. who can resist her.
Yeah, that cat is freakin' me out! But the Phantom of the Opera reference...that's funny. :)
We love everything about Chloe!
I think the cat is hysterical. I've seen those things and I've been thinking they really are stuffed real cats too. A little duct tape should fix it up just fine -- kinda like tape on your glasses.. Thanks for the update. Been missing you guys!
Okay, I'm laughing a belly laugh right now. I almost have tears streaming down my face. It started with the pat cat (cat? dog? lamb?)but you really got me with the cat that got ran over and then stuffed, but oh my gosh, when the cat lost half its face both Anna and I lost it. Love that Chloe!
As if that freaky cat on a pillow wasn't bad enough...now it's missing it's face! I died picturing Jared sing to The Phantom of the Opera!
But, oh that Chloe...I love her so!
man that pillow cat is freaky. I LOVE reading your posts. Chloe is so SO cute.
If I had known that poor pillow cat's life was in danger at your house, I never would have given it to you! Sheesh. Poor pillow cat. All she ever wanted was a good home, some love, and a complete face.
Love you Chloe!
I'm dying as I read this! The legend of the infamous pillow cat will surely live on now. I love little Chloe, I just want to squish her cheeks.
Post a Comment