25 June, 2010

Summer

Summer is in full swing!

Our first official week of summer included swim team for Carson and the girls and I playing at the park while he is in his lessons.

We also went as a family to Toy Story 3. I know, I'm a big cry-baby, but I got all sentimental at the end of the movie and shed a few tears. It was such a great movie. It was definitely one of the better cartoons I'd seen in a long time. That Pixar sure knows how to pull at the heartstrings.

After the movie we told the kids we could go somewhere to eat and that they could decide. You could hear Carson strongly urging Kaiya to say Red Robin. He was begging her quietly, then trying to entice her with all the possible meals that would be so good, and then finally bribing her by saying he'd play a game with her when they got home. I'm pretty sure he thought he was doing this all on the sly, but with his megaphone voice, we could hear everything. The best part of the meal though was when Kaiya had finished her mac 'n cheese and she walked over to Chloe's plate and took a piece of pizza. Chloe snatched it back and then said, "Kaiya!!!" in an angry voice. Then she proceeded to point to her food and shook her head no all the while looking at Kaiya and giving her the biggest glare/stink face that she could muster. Oh, man. It was so funny. Don't mess with Chlo-Bo and her food. She has those chipmunk cheeks for a reason.

Today we picked blueberries at a local organic blueberry farm.

Get directions HERE.

U-Pick $3 per pound
They pick $4 per pound

It was so fun! The kids had a blast picking the berries.

Carson, of course, was totally intense about picking the blueberries and tried to pick as many as he could, and as fast as possible.



Take a good look at Chloe because this was one of the few times she actually picked berries. The rest of the time was her munching on fruit.



Here's Kaiya, my sweet summer girl! She very carefully picked her berries, making sure all of hers were big and blue.


Tonight is our ward's mother/daughter night which includes pizza dinner, candy galore, popcorn, games in the park and then a movie in the park. The girls are pumped and so am I. It should be fun.

And now I'm off to make 100 cotton candies for the occasion....

7 comments:

Angie said...

you're life is always so crazy busy...glad you could find somet ime to hang out with me and Q yesterday. :) we had a blast!

Cathy said...

Lindsay, the activity was AWESOME! I can't even express my thanks to you and your committee. Everyone had such a great time. I personally loved every minute of it. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Tom Earl said...

I love your family........

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

What beautiful pictures of the children. Uncle Doug

tharker said...

The whole Red Robin experience is hilarious! From Carson "quietly" begging Kaiya, to Chloe guarding her food...hilarious!!!

I love these pictures of your kids. Man, Chloe looks SO grown up lately. I think it's official. She's lost her baby girl look and is now looking like a big girl. Sweet and yet sad to me.

PRP said...

I so want to see Toy Story 3 and Red Robin afterwards sounds perfect. Something to plan for this week...and blueberry picking as well!

We must think alike. :)

Lisa Christine said...

I'm definitely going blueberry picking next week!