06 April, 2010

March Update

March just sorta flew by. I can't believe it's April already. Here's March in a nutshell....

::Jared & Lindsay::

Jared worked a bunch and also had a big Scouting Fundraiser where the Scouts aerated and thatched yards. It was a lot of work, but rewarding since they earned enough for all the boys to go to Scout Camp. Woo hoo!

Jared is also coaching soccer again with his friend Chris. The boys seem to really like them, and Jared & Chris are having fun as well. They received a few new kids this spring and it was a great change. The kids are all working hard together and the team is doing great!

I pretty much did all my normal stuff {it's always hard to remember what I've been doing}. Destination Imagination was at the end of March so Amy and I were busy preparing the boys for that. They did awesome too. That will be another post this week, so I won't bore you all with the details twice.

Jared and I have been really into a few of our shows lately. We are seriously sooo obsessed with LOST right now. It is so freakin' good. There's like only 6 episodes left or something until the finale and I can't wait to see how it all goes down. Half the time I have only half a clue as to what is going on, but I don't care. It's so good and it's fun to speculate on all the different stuff.

Another show we LOVE is Modern Family. Any watchers? Well, if you know Jared at all, Phil from Modern Family is totally Jared. I was totally dying on this last episode with Phil and the iPad.

Finally, I just got my hair cut and now look like a 18 year old foreign exchange student. I don't know why, but somehow I got the idea that I wanted the straight bangs that so many people are wearing. The straight across bangs and the 4 inches I cut off the bottom are apparently not for me. While those straight bangs are so cute on other people, I feel like "straight off the boat" from Asia. All I need is a Hello Kitty Backpack and to give you all a peace sign and I can be on my merry way.

::Carson::

Carson was a busy boy in March with chess, scouts, soccer, and Destination Imagination. Soccer is currently in full swing. He's had some great games and is having a lot of fun. He says soccer is his favorite sport.

I was able to attend Carson's Parent/Teacher Conference with his teacher. It's always very interesting to hear what the teacher is going to say about your kid. None of it was a surprise though. She said he was doing fabulous but that it would be great if I would talk to him about paying more attention to her. When she is talking or explaining something he is frequently pulling out other work to do or most of the time he pulls out a book and starts reading. {Umm, not a shocker, but wow, Carson--really? Could you not just take the time to listen to her?} She also said that he was becoming a bit chatty, which actually did surprise me.

Last but not least, Carson just started wearing deodorant. It was time. While doing DI with those boys, I noticed that when we met with those boys after school, they all totally reeked. Like BIG. TIME. So he got his first deodorant and yesterday he came home and was like, "Mom, guess what! I wore my deodorant today and during PE I didn't sweat like I normally do. Normally my armpits are just dripping with sweat and today, nothing. Just had sweat on the back of my neck!" Wow. Why on Earth did he not give me this piece of information, say 6 months ago?! This is my formal apology to all those people who have been around my son for like the last 6 months. I didn't know he was possibly the smelly kid. Really, I didn't. He's my oldest so I just plead complete ignorance on the whole thing.

Oh and here's proof Carson is becoming Mini-Jared---
We were at a friends' house the other night playing Rock Band. Carson was singing, "Don't Stop Believin'" and upon finishing, he said, "That was epic!!! I nailed that!!!"

And here's proof Carson has my singing ability--
He sounded like a cross between nails on a chalkboard and a cat being killed.

::Kaiya::

Kaiya is currently obsessed with playing games. She LOVES to play Memory and man, she is hard to beat. That girl has quite the memory. The other game she loves is Hullabaloo. We play that game all the time. So much so that I've got quite the choreographed crazy/funky dance when I win a round. Just sayin'.

It's been a bit hard for Kaiya to share with her sister lately. She is quite possessive of her room and her things. She doesn't like it when her little sister, especially one like Chloe who can be a bit destructive with things, wants to come and play with her and her toys. Chloe lately has been obsessed with Kaiya's dollhouse and totally wants to play with her and it. Kaiya, of course, has been throwing a huge fit and hasn't wanted Chloe to play with her. After some persuading on my part, Kaiya and Chloe played dollhouse the other day and I thought to myself, "Wow! They are getting along so great. What a sweet girl Kaiya is to let Chloe play with her. I know it's hard to let Chloe play with Kaiya's prized princesses. I'm so proud of her." Then I looked a little more closely at the girls playing together, and this is what Kaiya let Chloe play with:


That would be an armless Cinderella and a princess {Sleeping Beauty maybe?} without clothes or hair.

And those would be the only two dolls Chloe could touch or play with. I know...you can just feel the generosity pouring out of her.... Now Chloe didn't care at all. She was as happy as could be, playing with her big sis. It just struck me as so Kaiya-like and reminded me of that kid's room in Toy Story who had all the broken toys.

Even though there maybe moments like that where I think, "Come on, Kaiya. Be the sweet girl I know you are," there are ALSO moments like this:


This is a note I found that Kaiya wrote to her preschool teacher, Miss Molly. She had written, "Dear Miss Molly...I love my videos too. When I give hugs to you that means I love you!"

Isn't she the biggest sweetheart! She really, really is.

::Chloe::

And speaking of sweethearts, look at Miss Chlo-Bo!


She loves dressing up as a princess, she loves wearing her sister's shoes, and at Aunt Gigi's house, she loves that stuffed white cat {she just called it "Meow"}.

I love that girl. She brings me so much joy. She is talking so much now, it's soooo stinkin' adorable. My absolute favorite word of hers is "Yammies" for "jammies". She loves her "yammies", especially her "monkey yammies". My other favorite words are when she says, "Oh, so cute!!!" and when she says, "Peek-a-do!"

Sometimes I worry that she's a little behind developmentally where her siblings were at her age, but then I have to tell myself to chillax because I'm sure it's because we ALL do everything for her and talk for her. And I also have to remind myself that it's next to impossible to give your 3rd child the same amount of individualized attention that you give your first.

Chloe is a happy girl and loves to try to make us laugh. She always has her cheesy smile to share, chubby cheeks to kiss all over, or will constantly tell us, "I yuv you! Give kiss!!"

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

okay your exchange student comparison is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

On a random note. The photographer for my makeover, said her husband works at Image Works. Isn't that where your husband works? Anyhow, they probably know each other.

hatch said...

LOVE modern family! I get an ab workout everytime I watch it!

I bet your hair looks great! Your March sounded crazy!!

Heather said...

I want to see you hair... do you want to come over for dinner? lol

tharker said...

Dangit! How did you know I was getting you a Hello Kitty backpack for your birthday? Now, I have to think of something else ;)

Every time I watch Modern Family, I find myself just inserting Jared's name in place of Phil's. And yes, the iPad episde...SPOT ON!

Carson and his man sweat is cracking me up! Thank goodness for deodorant!!

Okay, those dolls...HILARIOUS!

And finally...Chloe's "So cute!" is so freaking adorable, sometimes I just say it to her just to hear her repeat it ;)

Peggy Dee said...

Love the update. It's interesting reading even if you didn't know your family and that's saying something!

We looove Modern Family. It has a few things that I normally don't like in a show like...

1) token gay couple. I hate watching gay couples but I love Cameron and Mitchell. They are hilarious and their Asian baby makes me think of Kaiya and Chloe. So cute. The way they acted around their Asian pediatrician? Oh my gosh, so funny. I hope they keep this couple just the way the are... hilarious and no PDA.

2) token fat kid. I'm not sure of the statistics but I'm pretty sure that 98% of American families do not have at least one obese kid, yet 98% of TV families do even if they're not good actors. Normally, it bugs me. But I love Manny! How can you not? He is amazing.

I look forward to Modern Family each week. I think all good husbands have a little Phil in them!

Sarah said...

I love your family updates, I think your family is pretty darn entertaining. Now you have us all curious, better post some hair photos. :)

Lisa Christine said...

Modern Family has to be one of the best shows of all time!!!

My sister and I rewatched just about every episode this week.

Brooklet said...

Oh, we definitely picks of the exchange student hair!

I didn't even realize kids needed deodorant at such young age- I wouldn't have thought of it either. but I bet he feels pretty cool about being old enough to need it!

Samantha said...

We LOVE Lost and Modern Family as well. Kyle thinks Modern FAmily is the funniest show on tv right now. I agree with everything aunt peggy said. Also- I think Kyle laughs the most at Phil. We love phil.