So that meant a trip to the dentist was in order. Kaiya, being Kaiya, totally started freaking out. Was she going to get her baby tooth pulled out? Was it going to hurt? She didn't want to go! She was busy! Maybe she could go when she was older!
I responded back that yes, she might get her tooth out. No, it wouldn't hurt because they would numb the area. No, she's not that busy and no, she wasn't going to wait for when she was older. Then I pulled out my trump card----"And guess what! If you get your tooth pulled out, the TOOTH FAIRY IS COMING!!!!
THE! TOOTH! FAIRY!
Okay, that changed things. Suddenly, she became super excited about the possibility of getting her tooth out. Yes, she was still nervous, but you could see the acceptance about going to the dentist in her eyes and I thought to myself, "Yea! There probably won't be a ginormous fit!"
So here's sweet Kaiya with her very last smile with all her baby teeth:
Here she is in the dentist chair:
Here's her baby tooth all out:
Kaiya posing with her very special tooth box she got at the dentist:
Kaiya putting her tooth under her pillow:
A good shot of her mouth:
All night long, Kaiya kept saying, "Ooooh! I'm so excited! The Tooth Fairy is coming!!!!" She even went to bed early because she wanted the Tooth Fairy to come so badly. She gingerly laid her case under her pillow and went to sleep as excited as could be.
The next morning she woke up, hurried downstairs, and exclaimed, "The Tooth Fairy came!!! I got 5 dollars!" {That's right. 5 dollars. I know, people.....that Tooth Fairy is a push over...big time...but hey, I think the Tooth Fairy wanted to commend such bravery and like really, does Kaiya need to have one more fear and anxiety to add to the list?}
The rest of the day, she was super pumped. It was so cute to see.
I LOVE that girl.
11 comments:
Yeah! Yeah for the tooth fairy! That is very brave. So glad it went well
woo hoo For Kaiya! The Tooth Fairy is the best! We've got some wiggling teeth over here as well! So exciting!
I can't believe she lost a tooth! It's ok for the tooth fairy to be a pushover.
Five dollars??!! Wowsers! If I lose any more teeth i am coming to sleep over at your house. I could use some extra cash.
Claire's teeth came out the old fashion way and she cried and screamed about it for days as it was loose. I know she would have freaked out big time if she had to go to the dentist and get a shot. So Kaiya totally deserves the five dollars for being so brave.
Seriously, a dentist trip withOUT crying and yelling is worth $5. We've been known to buy new DS games for trips to the doctor that include shots at our house. Serious pushovers over here, or else my kid just screams louder than most. ;)
I see nothing wrong with a good reward. She did so great, why not?!
5$...gotta love inflation!
Good job Kaiya.
Can you send your tooth fairy to my house?
Way to go Kaiya!
Five bucks, well deserved.
A totally well deserved 5 dollars! Great job sweet Kaiya!
Wow, that's so crazy that she had to have a tooth pulled so young. I can't believe that she wasn't scared. So glad that everything went well. That $5 was well worth it.
Post a Comment