Here's some pictures of our garden boxes. We are trying the squarefoot gardening method:
Kaiya is my gardening helper. She loves to check on it everyday. So far we've had an overwatering issue with the tomato plants and the birds love to eat the strawberries. We managed to finally get some before the birds could get to them first. Here's some of our first strawberries:
8 comments:
I'm so jealous! I don't have any strawberries yet. Looks great.
Your boxes look great! Good job on getting that done. Hope you get to enjoy lots of yummy "fruits" from your labors.
So we've used bird scare tape in the past for strawberries, but Jeremy just heard a lady who paints walnuts red and sticks them out there before the berries come on. Apparently the birds get sick of crackin' their beaks on the walnuts and leave the berries alone when they do come on. I think I just might try it.
Your garden looks so great! I can't believe you've already gotten strawberries, that's awesome!
I like the idea that Heather proposed about the painted walnuts.
I'm so impressed and proud! You'll have to teach me your ways.
way to go! I wish my garden looked that neat!
That is it I want garden boxes. They look great!
I may have to try Heathers walnut idea. The birds always eat my strawberries. Nasty birds.
The boxes are awesome! I love strawberries. We just had our first in the last week, and I finally had enough to make jam today. Tragically, 1/2 cup of sugar isn't enough. So the project gets put off yet another day!
Post a Comment