29 May, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This last weekend was awesome...the kind of weekend that is so fun and relaxing that you literally have a "fun weekend hangover" and have "the blues" when you go back to everyday life.

Jared and I went to Seattle on Friday while the kids were hanging out in Moses Lake doing things like this:

A big thanks to Angie and my parents for watching them while we were gone!

I won't bore everyone with a play-by-play of our weekend, so here it is in a nutshell:

What I loved: I am a huge fan of the GPS. Jared and I did NOT get into a single fight while we were driving the entire 4 days of our trip. Only family knows what a miracle that truly is.

What I hated: Guess who got a ticket in Kittitas County over the most retarded thing ever? We were totally going the speed limit when we noticed a cop that had pulled over a car. Next thing we know, another cop pulled us over. He wrote us up for failing to change lanes while the other cop pulled the car over.

Okay, I know that there are plenty of great cops out there and cops are so helpful, blah, blah, blah....but seriously, this guy was the biggest jerk and totally gives cops just a bad name. Now how many of you knew that this was a law that went into affect about 2 years ago? I didn't. I always thought it was more of a courtesy. It's not like it's a big campaign with signs everywhere like "Click it or Ticket." Plus, the cop and car that was pulled over were way off the road, which was why we didn't change lanes. I felt like that was the type of thing that merited a warning, not an actual ticket. To add insult to injury, there were like 9 cars that didn't change lanes when WE WERE PULLED OVER. In response the jerk cop said, "Well I want to make it home safe to my family too." It was not my finest moment because for the next hour I could have cared less if he returned home safe to his family. Of course, Jared's trying to talk me down from my fit of rage. The best I could do during the weekend was no longer wish him physical harm, but that he'd have an unexpected $125 bill come his way too.

What we did: Let's see--we ate, shopped, ate, watched movies, ate, met up with some new friends, ate, walked downtown, ate, more shopping, ate.... The food was delicious. I think I ate my way through Seattle and I think I could have just rolled my way back home, I was so stuffed!

A Little Tip: Apparently it really helps if you know the story of Terminator because if you don't {like yours truly}, you have no idea what in the world is going on in the newest Terminator movie, you don't really care, and the movie is just a long 2 hours.

Final Thought: It's always nice to spend time together as a couple away from the kids. Isn't it funny how you can be so excited to get away from your kids, yet miss them so much while you're apart...

15 comments:

Cali said...

This sounds so fun. I think the reason people should leave their kids is so they actually get the chance to miss them once in awhile. Happy Ten Years...wow, it seems like yesterday.

Angie said...

it was a pleasure to watch your kids...they really were so fun, and such good kids.

I wish I could have been in the car when you got the ticket...I LOVE lindsay rants!

your weekend sound like absolute perfection! glad you were able to get away!

Sara said...

I can't believe that ticket, sucks. I know exactly how you feel about missing your kids but still having an amazing time with out them.

tharker said...

I love Chloe and Quiana's matching outfits! How cute are they?

I too thought it was just a courtesy to change lanes until I heard your story. But I am glad that you no longer wish the cop bodily harm ;)

Kris said...

Sounds like a fun weekend despite the stupid ticket that you got. How fun to be alone with no kids for 4 days. We all could use something like that! The pictures of the kids are so cute.

Ben and Alissa said...

Sorry about the ticket!!

Last week Ben and I took our first trip away from Katie (It was only 24 hours though). Did we miss her? Yep. Was it so much we had to turn around, cancel the trip to come back to see her? Nope.

Sounds like you had fun in Seattle! Happy 10 year anniversary!

PRP said...

I'm glad you got a nice break away from the chaos of life and got to just enjoy one another. And eat everything in sight. That's always good too.

So sorry about dumb policeman. I changed lanes just yesterday because of your story though!

Kim said...

When Jared told me last night that you guys had seen Terminator, I couldn't believe that you wanted to see it. Now I know you were just being a good wife!

Sounds like the best weekend ever. That is totally what Aaron and I like to do when we get the chance...eat, see movies, sleep!

Lisa Christine said...

I ticket for not pulling over? What a cheap shot!

Sarah said...

That is so lame about the ticket. What if it would have been rush hour and the other lane was packed, should you have to cause a near accident trying to get in the other lane? Just one more way for them to make money off us folk.

That's awesome that you guys got a weekend away and the GPS saved some fights. We totally need one of those. :) That picture of Chloe eating her popsicle is adorable.

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Glad you were able to get away together! Happy Anniversary! Toby and I are getting away this weekend! Whenever we do get away together...it always ends up we talk about our kids and how blessed we are and we can't wait to get back to them!! :)

Kim said...

Oh, yep, you really should make a lane change in that sort of situation guys. Nobody to blame but yourselves! And that's a moving violation, so that's sure to have its effect on the insurance rates!

- Aaron

Amy said...

Glad you had a fun weekend!
What the stupidest ticket ever?!?

Heather said...

UGH, tickets don't even get me started!

Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Did any avacado eggrolls make their way into your belly??

Julie said...

sounds like a superb weekend away. I am glad you had so much fun!