Yeah, so Jared just got back from his scout campout {he's the 11 yr. old scout leader}. Let's see...he forgot a coat, sweatshirt, or anything warm to wear whatsoever. I guess the tent he brought with him was missing the actual tent poles, so he had to buddy-up with another leader. Oh, and they couldn't get their stove or grill to work.
Too bad Boy Scouts don't sell cookies. Uh, not only do I love me some of those Girl Scout Samoa cookies, but I could almost see Jared taking to that more than all this Boy Scout stuff. I mean, come on, can't you picture Jared out there singing, "It's cookie time!" just like they did in the movie, "Troop Beverly Hills" when they were selling their cookies on Rodeo Drive?
11 comments:
That is funny! Poor Jared. I have never understood the whole camping in a tent thing.
I loved Troop Beverly Hills!
ROFL!! Too funny! Poor Jared! By the time he gets the hang of all of this he will probably be released.
favorite movie ever made. troop beverly hills, what a thrill!
What a great learning experience though for jared :) doubt he will forget those things next time!
Oh Jared! So pathetic...and funny. Maybe Kaiya can join Girl Scouts and Jared can be her troop leader. Yes, that movie is the best ever. We were obsessed with it!
Oh this is just cracking me up. I'd buy cookies from him if he came to my door. Especially if he told us this story! Ha! :)
Yeah, Jared's really more of an "indoor" boy....
Maybe your bishopric will be re-thinking the decision to leave him in Scouts after all... :)
I LOVED Troop Beverly Hills back in the day!
Troop Beverly Hills is quite possibly one of the best movies ever made. :) Poor Jared, that's a bummer he got stuck out there without any of that stuff. I hope the boys were at least good for him.
Yeah, I can pictures it. Which is why I'm glad they DON'T sell cookies.
apparently jared thinks that whole "be prepared" thing is just a suggestion rather than a rule.
Jared - this is too funny. From my perspective now, it's pretty much fun to see our grown kids learn the secret of all adults - - just try to stay somewhat cool as we get one humiliating lesson after another!
Post a Comment