27 March, 2009

Healthy Eating 101

Our family just ate the nastiest meal we've had in a long while.

I said I had learned my lesson awhile ago, but apparently I really didn't because I did it yet again. I tried to make another "healthy" pasta dish. This time I made "guiltless alfredo sauce" and it was sick. This "guiltless sauce" combined with the meal I made last week {which was almost as horrible...it was Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta}, pretty much pushed Jared over the edge.

Jared has now declared that I should "never, not ever" make healthy pastas ever again. According to Jared, "Pastas aren't supposed to be healthy. This is why Italians are fat."

This is what I've learned about healthy eating:
1. Healthy salads are good
2. Asian food can be made pretty healthy {Which is why, according to Jared, Asians are skinny.}
3. Things that have a creamy sauce just aren't good when the fat is taken out.
4. It's really just a lot better to eat your normal foods and just eat smaller portions.

9 comments:

Earl Family said...

I just love reading your blog. It always puts me in the best moods.

Kris said...

This post just made me laugh. Sorry that you had a yucky dinner. That's so frustrating.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

All true, I know everything there is to know about fat, about fat cooking and about what does not work. Just ask. Doug

Kim said...

Oh, I feel your pain! This time around on WW I have definitely realized that it's so much better to just eat smaller portions of the good stuff. I tried to convince myself that healthy versions of things were just as good, but it is SO not the case. Good luck with your future cooking ventures!

tharker said...

Jared's thoughts on the Italians and the Asians are cracking me up!

Sorry your meal was a bust. It stinks when you spend time making something and it turns out bad.

However...this post did make me giggle ;)

Andre said...

It's all about portion control. I decided we're on earth to enjoy life and how can you do that fat-free?

Nicole said...

One word: GOOBER.

When are you going to learn?

Amy said...

Amen to that! I would much rather have a smaller amount of the good stuff than more of the nasty stuff!

Tom Earl said...

La pasta lowfat non e qualcosa che gil Italiani mangiano!