Christmas Eve:
We went to our family's annual Christmas Get-Together over at David & Peggy's house. It was smaller than usual, with just our family, David/Peggy's group, Pat/Lori's group, Tom/Gail/Corbin, Ryan/Nena's family, and the Lunas, along with some other people I didn't know. The younger kids reenacted the nativity. Carson participated and I was stuck in the back bedroom with Kaiya screaming and crying because she wanted to participate with the other kids but didn't want people looking at her. Yep, good times.
After the nativity, some of the people from the families performed talents {as we do every year} and Carson represented our family. He did some "hip hop and breakdancing" {at least his version of it} and it was great. I was laughing so hard I was practically crying. Oh and to see Grandma Earl dance to Chris Brown's Forever was quite the treat. Why oh why did I have to turn the camcorder off?
We went to my parents house for the annual lemon chicken dinner and then opened up some presents.
Here's Chloe opening up the traditional Christmas PJs from us.
We got home safe and sound though and the kids were so excited about the prospect of waking up in their own home and in their own beds. We've never done that before so they were very excited to have the opportunity to do so. Of course we put the Santa key on the front door, set out our letter to Santa, along with a special treat on the cookie plate and milk for Santa to drink.
Christmas Day:
We thought the kids would get up super early since Carson was asking what was the earliest time he could come wake us up. We were the ones waking them up though!
Kaiya got a new bike from Santa...
Carson got the Imperial Destroyer Lego Set from Santa...
Here's Kaiya lovin' on her cousin "Cookie"...
Chloe waiting by her chair to get something good to eat...
The rest of the day consisted of eating numerous meals, watching movies and playing with our new toys. It was a very nice Christmas indeed.
4 comments:
Ok, the nativity thing with Kaiya? That KILLS me! She is so tortured and lovely all at the same time. Sweet, sweet, girl.
Glad your holidays were good. I know it was a hard year with Tami gone but it sounds like you still enjoyed the season.
Sounds like you guys had a really great Christmas. I can totally relate to how you felt when you guys were driving home in the snow. We had a similar experience -not fun, but glad you guys made it back safe and sound. I think that's great that your family does a talent show and even your grandma danced!
And when I blog snoop....I get to find out that Grandma Earl knows how to get down with Chris Brown. Now I know where all the Earl's get their dance moves from!
I like the family where Carson is posing totally glamour shotish- with his fist on his chin! love it!
Christmas looked fun (and deathly scary- I heard the weather was bad!). Its great you are close to family to be able to spend it with both.
Post a Comment