30 December, 2008

Eight.

Boy, does time fly by...
It's Carson's Birthday and he's eight!

I can't believe it. I am the mother of an eight year old. Crazy, I know...but enough about me...Anyhoo...

We are so proud of the boy that Carson is. Here's some fun facts about my fabulous first-born:

1. The kid has an amazing memory. It's just scary the things he can remember. He's constantly saying things like, "Remember, when I was three and...." Uh, no, Carson. I can barely remember what happened yesterday. How on earth can you remember something from when you were three?

2. When Carson is interested in something, he just dives in head first. If he likes it, he LOVES it. Whether it's the love of states/presidents, bugs, Pokemon, marbles, Wii, or legos, he can spend hours devoted to a single activity, or talk incessantly about it.

3. Sometimes I think we have mini-Jared in the house. When I hear things like, "Boo-yeah baby!" or "Bounce yo!" I just know I'm contending with another Jared.

4. He absolutely loves to travel. I think he got this from his Grandma. She started his "50 States Tour" with him, after he expressed a desire to see all 50 states. On tap this spring is a trip to Texas with his Dad.

5. The kid has a voracious appetite. Goodness, he's going to eat me out of house and home! The other day he "pounded" {his terminology, not mine.} 6 pieces of pizza from Pizza Hut. I know he's growing though. He already has a bigger shoe size than I do!

6. He loves to read. The kid's nose is always in a book. These days it's always a different fiction book, but for awhile, he was really into non-fiction and it always made me chuckle to see what he was reading, like World Almanac for kids, Bug Dictionary, or an Atlas.

7. He loves to dance. 'Nuff said. You've all seen video footage.

8. He is the best son and big brother that we could ask for. His sisters look up to him so much and think he is the funniest person alive. Jared and I are proud of the good example he sets for his sisters. He always works hard and tries his best, is considerate of the other members of the family, and is a righteous boy who wants to choose the right way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARSON!!!

18 comments:

dirty>south said...

Big ups to my boy. Love you Carson.

tharker said...

We love Carson so much! He really is such a great boy. Happy 8th Birthday, Carson!!

P.S.
Josh says for Carson to check your answering machine.

Angie said...

i love love love carson. i treasure the many memories that i have with him in his first year of birth, on our trips through the years, and as a young man and wonderful cousin to his "cookie".

Sarah said...

Carson is a great boy! Hope he had an awesome birthday with tons of fun and memories!

Kris said...

Carson is just a great kid. Tyler is totally excited that he can join him at scouts. Hope Carson had the best birthday ever.

dandee said...

Eight already?! Happy Birthday Carson!

AOlson said...

He is such a good friend to Jacob. Happy Birthday Carson!!

Jacob says "Congratulations on being eight and see you on Saturday!"

Amy said...

What a CUTE baby picture! Congratulations on eight years!

Kim said...

Carson rocks! Seriously, he is such an amazing kid who I truly do enjoy being around. I love him very much and appreciate all these wonderful things about him!

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Carson :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Carson! Ask him if he remembers making a volcano out of those beautiful couches, at that play date 5 years ago. :)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Carson! I'm sad we will miss his baptism. Hope he had a great day.

melanie said...

I loved hearing Carson stories from Tami (she told them to me every appointment). She was always so proud and happy to share them. I can't believe he's 8 either. Time flies.

Happy Birthday Carson!

stylist to the stars said...

Carson is amazing!

Happy Birthday Carson

Julie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday!

Andre said...

I told Clay that Carson was getting baptized and he didn't believe me for a minute. "What!! He's eight?"

Amy J. said...

That is such a cute picture of the two of you! Time does fly too quickly (he'll be on a mission before you know it :)

Carson sounds like the all around package deal! It's too bad that Sydney never gets to see him since we are out in Burbankville, I mean 8th ward.

Happy Birthday Carson!