03 December, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 Highlights

Thanksgiving was awesome! We went to Boise to Kim/Aaron's house and had a blast.

For a complete synopsis of our Thanksgiving {and way better pictures since ours aren't very good because I'm retarded with a camera}, click HERE.

Thanksgiving weekend 2008 facts:

1. Jared & Lindsay are completely incompetent with directions. Yes, we got lost AGAIN. Everyone who knows us well, knows that driving together brings out the absolute worst in us. We were told to take exit 29 to Kim/Aaron's house and by the time we had received these directions, we were past exit 29. I noticed at exit 33 and wanted to turn back. Jared responded that exit 29 was way long ago before the Nampa exits so I must have been mistaken and that it was exit 39. When I remained doubtful, he said I was a "doubt-placer" and that I was trying to mess him up and he knew where he was going. Needless to say when we saw Boondocks and were at exit 45, we realized we missed the exit and drove back to exit 29, thus adding an extra 45 min. to our trip. Let's just say those 45 min. weren't pretty in the van because I was extremely irritated. {Yes, we could have taken like exit 33 to their house, but we weren't really sure how to get to their house from exit 33 and were too embarrassed to call because then we would have to say we were lost AGAIN.}

2. Thanksgiving dinner rocked! This is an impressive feat since neither Kim, Angie or I had ever made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, or sweet potatoes before. We were so proud of ourselves. We did become slightly traumatized though when we had to stick our hands inside the turkey to get the neck & giblets out. Um, yeah, no one had quite told us how completely disgusting that was.

Here's our table...


Jared carving the turkey...{I know, he can't ever be serious for pictures. }


3. We ate enough food for a small army. In the past when we've gone to Grandma Earl's house, there is always big competition for mashed potatoes, rolls, etc. We overcompensated this year by making enough mashed potatoes to feed like 30 people and we literally ate as if it was our last meal.

4. I will NOT be going to Black Friday at Walmart in Boise ever again. I got their at 5 AM and had to ditch my cart because it was shoulder to shoulder people in there. I left 45 min. later not even getting ANY of the stuff I planned to because they were all gone. C-R-A-Z-Y!!! No worries though---I went to Kohls and Target and got great stuff.

5. I hate football. 'Nuff said.

6. We played board games and I'm terrible at them. I got hosed both in Acquire and Ticket to Ride. Maybe next time I play a game, someone could be nice and let me win.

7. Cheesecake Factory = nirvana in your mouth.

8. It was the first Thanksgiving without Tami and she was greatly missed. While we all had a blast, it was sad to not have her there. She would have LOVED being there with all of us. She would have loved seeing her grandchildren all play together. It was absolutely adorable. Here's all the cousins. Really, could we be any more diverse! Remember that store, United Colors of Benetton? Yeah, we look like an ad for store.





Our Family Thanksgiving Weekend 2008

13 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, when I sit and recap all the food we ate, not only at home, but everywhere else, I am quite amazed by us. Oh, it was so good though!!

Loved having you here. We're so glad we get to see you soon.

tharker said...

I'm so glad that your meal turned out so well. You should be impressed with yourselves, being your first time, and it rocked!!! Good job! See, I've done a turkey twice now, and both times I've failed, so give yourselves a HUGE pat on the back!

I love the Benetton commercial...I mean all of the cute cousins together. They are all so cute!!

dandee said...

I say it's about time for a GPS. I can't think of anyone who needs it more than you two.

Amy said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
I got the biggest kick out of the getting lost story. I can totally picture it!

Julie said...

I absolutely refuse to play acquire. I will play anything else but that game! So I am proud of you for even playing!

Sarah said...

Your driving story reminded me of many car trips we've had. Your Thanksgiving sounds really fun. I'm glad your dinner was a success. I am not big on playing board games, so I would probably get smoked playing any of those games too.

hatch said...

I am so impressed by you actually doing the really gross part of making a turkey. I make my husband do it everytime!

It looks like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

stylist to the stars said...

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful thanksgiving. I am so happy for you, that your dinner was that good for 1st timers.

P.S. I second Dandee's comment.

mumovearls said...

we missed you guys! Glad you had fun! Lets get together soon-Nena

Piper said...

Cute kids! And, Jared looks skinnier! Way to go!

Peggy Dee said...

Sounds like fun. Next time invite us! Are there great deals at 4 and 5 a.m.? I think I am out of the loop. I can't tell if I am an idiot for not being in the stores at that time or if I am the smart one? Hmmm... Someone please enlighten me!

Kris said...

Your blog always cracks me up. I hate getting lost. It's so frustrating. Glad you found the place. Love the table and how much food you had. I could've used more mashed potatoes at my dinner. Hmmm! Great family picture and I love the one of Jared carving. I hate Black Friday at Wal-Mart too!

Sara said...

I love the recap and also the horror stories of Walmart on Black Friday! Glad you at least got some great stuff at other stores.