1. I used to not be funny at all. I know what you all are thinking. You're thinking, "Uh, Lindsay's not funny now. She laughs at her own jokes, but that doesn't constitute funny." Well, I'm a regular comedian compared to how I was when Jared and I first got married. Not only could I never crack a joke or say anything witty, but girlfriend had no comeback lines whatsoever. If people would tease me, all I could come back with was, "Stop!" or "Oh, Jared!" It was so bad that Jared's family would always tease and make fun of me. I got made fun of more than Tami {which was saying a lot} and quite often she'd start in on the teasing {and when the former butt of all jokes starts teasing you, you know you need to up your game and fast!} Now occasionally, I'll come up with something witty and funny. When I do, then Jared takes the credit for it. He likes to think his efforts the past 9 1/2 years have been put to good use and that he's responsible for me actually having a sense of humor.
2. I used to have such horrid eyebrows {Which nobody said anything about for the first 19 years of my life, by the way, so clearly I had no good friends because good friends tell you the truth! }, that Jared {Jared, of all people!} had to tell me that I needed to go get them waxed. I know, awful, huh! I look back on pictures and I think, "Hello eyebrows!" {Or really, "Hello eyebrow!" because it was really just one massive eyebrow.}
You know when you talk to someone and they have something in their teeth or you see someone with a big zit and it's all you can see and you can't stop staring at it? I bet that's how people were with my eyebrows because they were so thick and bushy. Now Jared and I laugh about them and lovingly refer to them as my "Bert Eyebrows."3. If I was any animal, apparently I would be a cat {according to Jared and Angie}. I don't like to get wet. I'm a little lazy and like to take naps. I can be fickle. I also have no problem sprawling myself out by Jared and having no regard if other people are comfortable or not. All that matters is my own comfort level.
4. I'm only happy within a 10 degree temperature range, from about 75 to 85 degrees. Anything above or below is just torturous for me. I especially hate being cold so I always crank the heat up in the winter time. In the car, Jared always gets so mad and says, "You don't have to crank up the temperature. I can't have the heat blowing directly on me." {Whateva! He's such a broken record sometimes.} You'll also find me wearing my down jacket about 10 months out of the year. I'll still wear it in April when finally numerous people will mention, "Uh, you still are wearing your winter jacket? People are wearing capris and you're ready to build a snowman."
5. I am the queen of what Jared would describe as "Lindsay facts." In conversations or when I'm trying to sway somebody's opinion or prove a point, I'll say things like, "Everybody knows that..." or "Studies have shown..." or "I've heard/read..." I love using absolutes like: everybody, never, always. Jared is always like, "Who exactly is everybody?" "What study is this exactly and where did you hear this?" One of my favorite lines is, "You gotta admit that..." when I'm trying to get someone to agree with what I'm saying. Jared is like, "I don't have to admit anything...."
I tag: Rebekah, sis-in-law Kim, Brenda, Amy M., and Julie T.
16 comments:
You definitely ARE funny. I was laughing!
The heat in the car thing cracked me up. I do that to Riley quite a bit too and it drives him crazy! And the Bert eyebrows description was too funny.
Wow you do have a lot of weird things about you! J/K! I love posts like this.
Well, for the record, I think you are funny! But then again, this is coming from the Queen of non-wittiness, so I don't know if you should trust my opinion.
You and I. Apparently, neither of us had very good friends in high school, because your description of your eyebrows is spot on with mine from those days. Way to go Jared for telling the truth!
I also share the same aversion to getting wet. "I'm melting! I'm melting!"
Lindsay facts are awesome!
I loved reading your Lindsay facts. You are funny I cannot imagine you not being funny!
I think it's great that you have such a fun personality. I love #5 about your statements to convince people. That's hilarious. I agree about the temp. thing. I hate to be cold or hot. NOT Fun! This was great Linds! Thanks for the laugh.
There was a time when you weren't funny???? Hard to believe.
Great post...love all the 'weird things'.
Missed seeing you at ballet today. But Jared says Kaiya picked him over you. Now that's gotta hurt :)
If these things make y9ou weird than I guess I am weird too. I am so not as funny as I sometimes think I am and I too sported the unibrow. Mayeb the unibrow was "in" back in our day:)
that was fun to read. After I saw your comment on my blog, it took me FOREVER to try and figure out how to find yours . . . obviously I'm not the smartest blogger on the block! After reading through some of your other posts I'm wondering about the READY! class. I used to go to those in Kennewick and LOVED them. I didn't know it was in Pasco now. If you wouldn't mind please email me the details rlmanderson@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Becky
You are hilarious Lindsay. I am going to ask Daryl if this isn't so.
Ummm what can I say - weirdo!
We love everything about you!-Nena
I knew your weirdness would be worth reading about and I wasn't disappointed!
Um let me tell ya, I hear you on the butt of every joke thing! You just can't keep up with the Bates kids, they are too witty! Your list was funny! and by the way I do have Jared and Angie's performance of "Send Me an Angel" on DVD. One of my old co-workers was there and recorded the whole night! The "We Are the World" Performance is pretty spectacular as well!
I am so with you on the tempature thing. I HATE being cold. Rob hates being hot. And yet... we somehow manage to get along. It is a miracle really.
I am exactly the same when it comes to temp. I can't stand being cold and who wants to be sweaty?
Post a Comment