In addition to the "30 Days of 30," there were other highlights to my birthday.
1. Jared and I went on a date alone without kids {even Chloe...which hadn't happened in months} to PF Changs and then he patiently went with me shopping.
2. The kids made me a book all by themselves entitled, "Golden Birthday Wishes." It was adorable. Kaiya and Carson both drew me pictures and Carson wrote everything.
3. I had a big birthday bash.
It really was a fabulous birthday party. Karen was so nice to host it at her house. When I got there, I couldn't believe it. They went all out for me. I was so touched.
They decorated tables to eat at outside. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't really cooperating. It was really windy.
After dinner, they made a game about Yours Truly. Everyone had to split up into four groups and then there were a bunch of questions about me. Each group would send out a member one at a time to answer a question. There would be two possible answers. You would take a puzzle piece of the answer you thought was correct. All the puzzle pieces were supposed to form a picture of me. Basically, if you were getting the answers right, you would end up with my picture, but if you got the answers wrong, it was pieces forming a picture of someone else. Those clever game-making gals had the wrong answers form a picture of Katee from So You Think You Can Dance. Here's some pictures of people during the game:
After the game, we then had birthday cake. Here's me blowing out my birthday candles and ushering in a new decade:
Besides dinner, games, and cake, we did what women always do when we get together---Talk!
I had a blast. It was so fun to see and talk to everybody. I was so appreciative of everyone who came to the party. I also want to give a huge "Thank You" to everyone who helped out. I'm just so very grateful and I love you all!
11 comments:
I was so sad to miss it, we were out of town. It looks like it was great fun!
I wish I could have been there. So much fun and yummy food, but best of all it would have been great to get to know you better. Happy late 30th!
i'm with the others, out of town. sorry we missed it, but a happy new decade to you!!!!
You do have amazing friends! The party is a gift in itself. One more Happy Birthday on this last post about your birthday! The 30's are starting out good for you!
That was so nice of everyone to do this for you Lindsay. You are very loved and appreciated. You are a good friend. I can tell. And also they are too :)
We all love you to pieces Linds! It was so much fun to be a part of this day just for you!
Those ladies really know how to throw a party. It was a lot of fun and the food was awesome!
That was fun, when are you turning 30 again??
Wow! What a birthday! It sounds like everyone did a lot to make it special! The game sounds like it was a lot of fun and way too creative! Nothing like good friends to bring in the 30s!
Yeah, you really have some great friends that can throw a fun party. The food was delicious, and I had a great time. Glad you had such a great birthday Lindsay.
I am sad I missed it but it looked like a rocking party!
Post a Comment