21 July, 2008

7 Months

Chloe is now 7 months! I can't believe it. My baby is getting so big. She is sooo adorable right now. This is my absolute favorite baby age. She is so smiley all the time and does her baby babble 24/7. She's constantly saying, "ba ba ba, da da da , ya ya." It's so stinkin' cute.

She loves getting on her knees and rocking back and forth. She's even moving her legs but hasn't figured out the arm part yet. It's just a matter of time before she starts crawling, I think. She's still not sitting up all by herself, but is trying to get into a supported sitting position from a crawl position.

She also loves grabbing at everything in her sight. I have to be careful nowadays because she literally will swoop down and try to take whatever catches her eye. This has already caused many moments of me losing my balance and one falling accident for Chloe.

I know I'm biased, but I do think she has one of the cutest giggles ever. She is such a giggly girl. She loves her cheeks being kissed and laughs like crazy when we kiss her belly.

The best part about Chloe--She's still a Mama's girl. Jared says I'm totally eating it up. It's true, I am. I can't get enough of it. The other two, especially Kaiya, have been such Daddy's kids when they were babies. Carson's a Mama's boy now, but Kaiya's still a Daddy's girl. Anyways, Chloe LOVES me. She always has to keep me in her line of vision. I constantly "feel her look." I'm such a lollipop for that girl. I think she's figuring that out though. Girlfriend's got my number!

The one frustrating thing though is that she is not eating her cereal. She just doesn't really like it. We've also tried a few veggies and even fruit. No excitement whatsoever. My other kids loved it, so this is kinda a new experience.

Those first few months with Chloe were hard because of the colic, but now she really is so sweet. Somebody told me that third babies are angel babies, and now I might have to agree.

9 comments:

Kris said...

She's adorable. That picture with Jared is so precious. I'm glad that she is doing so good now. Bummer about not liking her cereal. That's so frustrating. Hopefully it's just a short phase.

I'm back in town now. What day do you want to get the boys together? Or we could go to the park and hang out??

Kate said...

Seriously, she is one of the cutest baby girls EVER, I love looking at pictures of her :) happy 7 months chloe!

tharker said...

I'm so happy that Chloe has turned into that angel baby you were waiting for. She really is one of the sweetest babies that I know. I love her cheeks and her sweet smiles. And of course, those adorable little rolls!

By the way, you have been tagged. Check out my blog for details ;)

Sarah said...

She has the sweetest little face and just gets cuter every day. It's so fun when they are giggly and happy and using lots of baby talk. Glad you're enjoying every minute of it!

Heather said...

Yay, there's hope for #3!

Erin said...

what a cutie! don't worry about her not liking food yet...jade hated rice cereal and every kind of baby food out there..i had to trick her into eating it and even then she spit out half of it...she eventually took to it...and cole, well, now he only wants the bottle...we are going backwards with him...ahhh! :)

melanie said...

Chloe is adorable! And at one of my favorite baby stages too. Happy and content, not moving too much or too frustrated and the babbling cracks us up.

We are going through the same food dilemma around here. Reed ate cereal and veggies good for a couple weeks and now nothing, gags on every single bite. So frustrating.

Lisa said...

Our babies are growing up so fast! Chloe is such a cutie! It's amazing how much they are learning at this stage- it is so fun. Hang in there with her eating. I do feel your pain and have been there before.

dandee said...

Happy 7 months Chloe! You are just adorable! I want to squeeze those sweet cheeks so tell your mommy it's time for a playdate!