Here's a picture of Carson and his First Grade Teacher, Mrs. G.
Here's a little bit about Carson's First Grade year...according to Carson:
What is your favorite subject in school?
Reading
How come?
I like to read and I can read chapter books now.
What were some of your favorite things you learned in first grade?
The water cycle, the electric set, and technology.
Who were your best friends at school?
Christian, Darian, Brenden
What was your least favorite thing to do at school?
Music
How come?
Because I don't like to sing and it is boring.
What did you like about your teacher?
She was nice and kind and she let me do special things.
What did you like to do at recess?
Play four-square and marbles and Pokemon Cards.
What's something that made you sad in First Grade?
When I got a writing test, I got nervous. Also, when I got my marble stolen.
What's something that made you happy in First Grade?
When I do a good job.
Tell me about each thing:
Reading--It's fun and books can be interesting, funny or scary.
Writing--You can write about anything you want.
Math--It's fun to learn, and I learned about adding and subtracting.
Science--It's interesting. I liked learning about bubbles.
Technology---I liked working on computers. Sometimes we could play games and sometimes we went to websites that showed you information. I liked making PowerPoints.
Library---It's not a subject , Mom. It's a special.
Music --boring. never fun.
PE---It's fun and gives you exercise. I liked to play "Swim, Fishy, Swim."
17 comments:
why is carson sticking his tongue out? It looks like they're on Spring Break together.
What a fun post! I might have to copy your idea, great idea to journal their thought about the year. I love that he said library wasn't a subject it is "special"!
What a great record! It took me back to my own first grade memories! Don't let Angie know how he feels about singing!!!
Sheesh! What kind of mom doesn't know library is a special???
That is wonderful that you have documented all of this. It will be so fun for him to go back and see what life was like for him in the 1st grade.
I am really getting excited about my girls starting "The school years". What fun!
That is so smart of you to do this.
Your kids will thank you for that someday. Good Momma.
Carson is so cute and funny and very smart.
music....boring? obviously he has not gotten to learn the recorder yet.
Yes, why is he sticking his tongue out? He looks less than enthusiastic about his great teacher. How funny!
Loved his reading his thoughts about first grade. It took me back...oh wait, I skipped first grade! (Ha ha, Jared...I may not have made it into Quest, but did you skip a grade?)
ummmm, last time I checked I could have skipped 5th grade, but I was way too popular and didn't want to leave all of my friends who were stupid behind.
What a fun year. Carson is so silly and so much fun.
Jared,
Your comment is so funny. It totally made me think of "Spring Break" back in the day of MTV..Go Lake Havazu!(sp?)
Lindsay,
This little quiz was so fun. I especially loved the part about music. Only because I kept thinking about what you said about him hating his 1st grade music program! Hilarious.
I really liked this idea of asking Carson Questions. It looks like he had a great year.
Kaiya's hair is so adorable. I loved the pictures.
I hope you are feeling better. Sorry that you were sick. I can't believe that Chloe is 6 months already. She's adorable.
Yeah, I'm catching up on your blog. I missed like 6 posts this week!
What a great idea to interview Carson about his first grade year. It will be interesting to see how things change in second grade. Have a great day.
I loved the format of this post, so creative to show Carson's perspective on his first grade year and what he liked and disliked. He is such a cute kid with an awesome little brain.
Great blog, Jared and Lindsay. So speaking of fun end-of-the-year elementary school stuff, one my wife Heather's kids gave her lingerie for a thank you gift. She teaches English as a Second language, so maybe in other countries and cultures, that's just what you do. The kid, a boy, was so proud of his gift, and his mom was pretty escatic about it, too. Thought you would enjoy this little anecdote. Stay in touch.
What a great post! I am going to bloglift this someday!!! Thanks for the idea.. (Love Carson's face)
Wow I can't believe that Carson is going to be in 2nd grade. What fun!
Post a Comment