16 June, 2008

6 Months

Chloe is 6 months!

Here is what she is up to now:

She can roll from her stomach to her back. This is a huge thing for her because previously she could only roll from her back to her stomach. As soon as she was on her stomach, you could literally see her think, "Oh, shoot. Why did I do that?" Now that she has mastered rolling both ways, she does it all the time. Her very newest thing is rolling around the room to travel and discover all sorts of cool things. Now I have to make sure my carpet is clean 24/7.

She is starting to babble. She makes the cutest noises and is starting to occasionally say, "da da da," or "ba ba."

Dare I say that I may be her favorite? I know. CRAZY! Jared has always been the kids' favorite, but it's looking like I might have a Momma's girl on my hands. She gets so excited to see me whenever I come by her. She gives a huge grin and starts moving her arms and legs all excitedly. Then she gets all devastated if I don't pick her up right away. Though part of me thinks I'm her favorite right now because I think she sees me and thinks, "Mmm, milk. Time to eat." I have seen her lick her lips a time or two when I come near.

Her brother and sister always make her giggle like crazy. You can tell she already thinks they are so cool.

She cut her first two teeth on the bottom. Boy, she has been a bit beastly getting these teeth in. I don't blame her though. Her gums all around where her teeth are cutting through are all red and look a little bloody.

She found her thumb. This did not make me happy. Let's hope it was more a function of her getting teeth and that it will cease to be a habit once the teeth are in.

She pushes up on her arms now. Yeah, she thinks she's hot stuff with this one. If she's on her stomach, she's doing baby push-ups.

She is starting to grab for everything these days! I can't leave anything around her withing grabbing distance unless I want a mountain of drool on it after she has gummed it to death with her mouth.

19 comments:

Sarah said...

I love her little smiling face. I can just picture her rolling around your house and grabbing anything she can.

tharker said...

Hooray for you for finally being favorite! Sorry Jared.

These are such great pictures of Chloe. I just love that girl!

meohmyers said...

I love that those cheeks almost reach her collarbones! She is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen! 6 months already?!

Debie Spurgeon said...

There's nothing like a mommy's girl. She is absolutely adorable. Her cheeks are probably the most gorgeous thing ever.

Heather said...

Wow, 6 months!! She is so cute, I wanna squish her!

Jan said...

Dare I say, that your lucky to be a favorite of such a cutie.

Jared will have to be the protecter this time. She is going to be mulled over. Cheeks.

Ms. Kristen said...

Cutest girl ever!

Crisdee said...

she soooo cute!!!!!!! the cheeks are adorable!!

Sara said...

Yeah for Chloe, she is looking so much like Carson. I love to see her growth.

Lisa said...

Chloe is so cute! 6 months!- Yeah, out of the newborn stage that we both love oh so much. This is such a fun age to watch them start learning and moving so much.

Erin said...

she is so adorable...6 months already! wow..time flies!

Lisa Christine said...

That is one darling baby!!! Happy 6 months!

Kim said...

She's so darn cute! I'm so excited for you that she's a mommy's girl. Kiss those cheeks for me.

melanie said...

I cannot get over how cute she is! When Reed rolls to his belly (all the time) he just sits there with his face in the blanket soaking it with drool. And then bawls cause his face is all wet. He can roll both ways but wont do it back to back. I'll let him know what Chloe's up to, maybe that will help, ha.

Really, the thumb isn't all bad (Reed is my second baby to find it). Sure orthodontics in the future but for serenity now it's worth it!!

polka dots said...

Love how she is modeling Mom's crafty homemade hair bow. Such a cute girl!

Marilyn said...

Oh, she is so adorable!

Brooklet said...

Okay, pinch that smiling face. It is ADORABLE. And yeah for her loving her mama! This six months has sure gone by fast!

Alicia Leppert said...

In that second picture she looks just like Kaiya! I can't believe she is six months old and I think I've seen her once.
How awesome that you might finally have a child that prefers you! You may love it now, but I'll warn you...it starts to get old. "Really, Daddy's cool too..."

AOlson said...

Reading this makes me think we have mirror families. Jacob and Kayla always wanted Kevin more, too, but Kelsie is all mine!! I love it! Chloe is the cutest little thing!! Love the hairband!!!