07 February, 2008

Blah Blah Blog

Debbie Downer

Eeyore


Oscar the Grouch



What do all these people have in common?

They have attitudes just like mine this week.

I don't know what my deal is lately. It seems like everything out of my mouth is totally negative. Here's some of the lovelies spewing out of me this week.

Jared: "Wow! It was really nice out today."
Me: "Yeah, but it's still totally cold...just like the past month."


Mom picking up kid at my house: "Your house looks nice."

Me: "We still have a garage-full of boxes."


Friend: "Chloe seems like such a good baby."

Me: "Yeah and she's especially great when she wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks she's up for the day."


I could go on, but really I'll just spare you all. So sorry everyone for the poor attitude. I'll be better soon!
{See...look, a smiley face...I'm being more positive already!}

14 comments:

Angie said...

just don't start complaining about the environment and global warming...then i will get really worried about you. :)

Marilyn said...

I think you are hilarious, so I hope you are feeling better about life soon!

Sarah said...

I've had my fair share of Debbie Downer moments. My little man who's been sleeping through the night since he was 8 weeks has all of a sudden decided to wake up at night too. Lack of sleep = cranky mommy.

PRP said...

Um, did you read my last post??? It doesn't get any more negative than that!

Cheer up! Spring is on it's way!

Kim said...

We all have those days or weeks or months. I usually have at least one a week!

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Jan said...

Whats that oversung song- Oh yeah. The sun will come out tomorrow. Thats the one. Your smiley face is alot cuter than the computer ones.

tharker said...

You can't be in too bad of a mood if you're able to dance to "Barbie Girl". Just kidding. It's okay to have the January Blues, and for good measure, add on the February Grumps. Go for it! Spring will be here soon...Yeah in another 6 weeks ;)

I love ya!

Alicia Leppert said...

Wah-wah. (That was my Debbie Downer impression.) You're so funny. I loved your examples. My husband tells me all the time that I am the Queen of Negative. I can turn anything into something negative. So I feel ya.

Brooklet said...

At least you have a good sense of humor about being a debbie downer! And your humor will definitely take you from debbie downer to. . what do you call the opposite? Ursela Upper? Who knows. . .

Crisdee said...

that sounds just like me also, I've been having not one of those days but complete weeks... everytime somebody tells me I look good for as far along I am, I tell them... I wish I felt that way, I don't I look crappy and feel that way too! and that could go on forever! I guess it's the weather and pregnancy for me and post partum for you... who knows... your post did make me smile though... and made me realize I'm very negative sometimes!!!

Jessica said...

I'm with you on this one, at least you can blog about it, I can't even bring myself to do that!!

melanie said...

I'm in the exact same boat. Milo had to travel for work over the pass when the weather was really bad. He was telling me, 'I'll be fine.' My response? 'Yeah, right.' I'm sure that gave him all the confidence in the world to drive safe. All I can say is, I'm definitely working on it here too.

hatch said...

I think your are great, I do not see you has the Debbie Downer type at all. We all have our moments. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon! If you need any help unloading some of those boxes in your garage just call me. (I have had a little bit of experience with that lately.)

AOlson said...

I feel your pain. I have been so super negative since January. I can't wait for spring!