27 October, 2009

Halloween Festivities

We went to the Pumpkin Patch for FHE on Monday. We got there a little later than planned.

First the kids rode the carousel...


While the kids were on the hay bales and straw maze, Jared walked around with Chloe.


Chloe's classic cheesy smile...


Chloe just chillin' in the pumpkins...


All 3 kids together...


Oh, I'm just obsessed with this girl...


According to Jared---Carson in his "Asian school-girl pose."


Sweet Kaiya.

Jared, in yet one more picture, flashing his guns...


Pumpkin Carving---We only had one pumpkin to carve. FYI: apparently when you forget to get your pumpkins out of the van for a few days, it results in one sicknast-smelling van and rotten pumpkins.

Sidenote: A princess castle is carved into the pumpkin...guess who wanted that?


I can't get enough of the "cheesies"!


The kids decorated Halloween cookies today.



Here's some of our cookies...

Plate A---
Plate B---

Guess who made Plate A and Plate B! Kaiya, my 5 year old, made Plate A and Carson, my 8 year old, made Plate B. Carson's plate has all broken cookies and the frosting is totally jacked-up. He apparently did NOT get his Father's artistic ability or patience.

Well, that's it for now. I'll post Halloween night pictures in a few days.

12 comments:

PRP said...

Can I have one of Kaiya's cookies please?

And the Asian school girl pose? Priceless.

Angie said...

I can't get enough of your kids. they just make me smile!

Kim said...

Chloe has truly mastered the cheesy smile. Did she learn that from Elsie?!

Those sugar cookies look yummy...why don't you send some down this way! :)

tharker said...

The comparison of Carson and Kaiya's cookies is HILARIOUS! I can't stop giggling.

I love Chloe's cheesy grin...never gets old!

Heather said...

I thought pumpkin carving wasn't your thing.... I think you left those pumpkins in the van on purpose.

Amy J. said...

OK...the chilling with the pumpkins photo is the best! I will not be showing my kids this post cause then they will know that I am the Halloween scrooge! (But I am letting the bigger boys have a tenn party here does that count?) Great photos!

Cajsa said...

Chloe's lounging in the pumkins is sooooo cute...and the Jared's comment about Carson's pose? HILARIOUS!!!

Cajsa said...

Okay, obviously I can't spell and I have now dubbed your husband as ..."the Jared"

AOlson said...

Asian School girl!!! HILARIOUS!! I think the cookies are a difference between boys and girls. The cookeis in this house look the same.

melanie said...

I'd be obsessed with Chloe too. Dang she is adorable. The cheesy smile is precious! Love a pumpkin patch outing and I so want some of those sugar cookies. Yum!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh goodness, I am loving Chloe's coat! That is adorable :)

Kris said...

Looks like a fun couple of days! Your family always seems to have a great time!