03 September, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday, Kaiya Dear

Dear Kaiya,



Happy Fifth Birthday Sweet Girl! I can hardly believe you are five years old. It really seems like just yesterday that we brought all 5 pounds of you home from the hospital. I can truly say that my life is so much richer and better having you in it. You bring an incredible amount of joy to our family.

I'm so proud of you and the little person you are becoming. I know sometimes it is hard being the middle child. Sometimes it must feel like Carson gets to do everything first because he's oldest and that since Chloe is the baby she gets a lot of time devoted to her. Just remember that Mom and Dad love you so much and we try to give you every opportunity we can to let you have your "moment in the sun."

Out of you three kids, you are the one that is most like me in personality, and I want you to know that I "know" you. You are so incredibly sweet, have a huge capacity for loving others, and always have such a sincere desire to please people. Everyday you come up to me and give me hugs and tell me, "Mama! I love you soooo much!" Nothing makes me happier. Oh, and how you are funny! I love how silly and animated you get and your little "funnies" are hilarious!

Right now, I know how you struggle with talking to adults. I see the intense fear and anxiety you have and I wish with all my heart I could help you more and take that on myself so you wouldn't have to. It saddens me how you don't show others the "true Kaiya" more. There's this whole side of you that people don't see. That being said, I've seen you working so hard this summer at improving your situation and it makes my heart soar. You've opened yourself up a bit and have been able to talk to me in front of other people. That's a huge step, sweetie! I'm very, very proud of you. I know that as you continue to ask Heavenly Father for help, have faith that he will help you, he will help give you the courage to talk to others. And Mom and Dad will be with you every step of the way. It is our job to help you figure out how to "let your light shine" and become an independent, strong person.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Kaiya Dear!

I hope this next year is wonderful for you and that you experience all the joy and wonderment of being five.

Love, Mom

10 comments:

Mandy Rasmussen said...

Happy Birthday!! I remember when we first moved to Pasco...she was still a baby!! They grow up too fast! We are just temporarily in Moses Lake...we are moving back to the Tri-Cities soon. :)

PRP said...

Dear Kaiya,

We love you! We love your smiles, we love your laugh, we love how sweet you are to your friends. We love everything about you. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Karen, Hannah & Sienna

Kim said...

Whenever I think of Kaiya, I get a big smile on my face. She makes me happy! Hope she has a great birthday. We are so glad she is a part of our family!

Angie said...

Kaiya is my little princess. I just love so many things about her. I love that she shares my love of smelly lotions and chapstick, and being pampered. I love how much she loves "cookie". And I love how she is such a great helper.
Happy birthday kaiya.

Sarah said...

Kaiya is such a beautiful and sweet little girl. Even if she's not talking, her happiness radiates out of her. I love seeing her happy face in primary each week. Happy Birthday! (she let us sing to her in primary and even came up front to shake some musical instruments)

tharker said...

Just think, 5 years ago yesterday you were sitting in my dining room eating Lasagna while contracting because that sweet little girl was ready to make her entrance....man, how time flies!

Kaiya,

I love you so much! I love that your face still breaks into a huge smile when I come to your house. I love that you still get so excited to show me all of the things that are special to you. Like your pretty new pink room! We've had a special bond for many years, and I love you, love you, love you!

I too have seen how hard you have been working to talk in front of adults. You are so brave, sweet Kaiya! Your mom is right, keep asking Heavenly Father for help, and He will answer your prayers.

Thank you for being such a good friend to Jake. He loves to play with you, and thinks you are such a funny girl.

I hope you have a great birthday Kaiya!

Love,
Tiffani
(Huffy)

stylist to the stars said...

Kaiya,
I hope you have the most magical day ever! It is so fun to watch you grow up and be come so big. Alli can't wait to come and see you.
XOXO
Megan and Alli

dandee said...

Owen and I were just talking today about all of his preschool friends he's looking forward to seeing. Kaiya was one of the first names he mentioned.

Happy Birthday Kaiya!

Brooklet said...

I remember the first time I met Kaiya (and you). It was at the super saturday and Kaiya was just a teeny tiny newborn. Five years goes fast! happy birthday Kaiya.

Amy said...

So sweet!!! Happy Birthday Kaiya!