03 August, 2009

Coupon Crazy

I've totally slacked in the coupon department this summer. I don't think I've even gone out once. With all three kids at home, the motivation has been non-existent. The thought of taking all three kids with me to go shopping makes me want to pull all my hair out. I could go at night, but then I'm just too tired to go.

I went today though. Albertsons was having an amazing sale so I stocked up.

There's nothing more satisfying then the rush of a good deal, don't ya think? I decided to be one of those dorky coupon shoppers and post my good finds .

So here they are:



Cool, huh!

You are looking at $275 of groceries/household items.

Guess how much I paid?

$40.76!!!

That is a savings of $234.75! Can you believe it!

Needless to say, while couponing takes time, this has definitely renewed my motivation to start couponing again.

13 comments:

nikongirl said...

ok - now tell us how you did it!!!

Chelsea said...

I agree, tell us which coupons we need. Are they all in the store? Way to go!

I would rather go to the store at 10 pm then take two babies with me. I don't get why people even bother!

hatch said...

I really want to know how you did that? Where do I find those coupons! That is awesome!

I agree Chief Momma I will take going to the store at 10pm anyday over taking my kids with me!

Aly said...

I am amazed. I have never tried "couponing", but I think I may just have to start. Now you just need to post a tutorial. Seriously amazed.

Jan said...

Now that is just awesome Lindsay. I can't wait to hear more on your savings. It is the funnest part of grocery shopping to see that number drop.

Stacia said...

That's awesome! I have a few photos of my awesome deals to post. I feel like such a warrior when I get a haul like that for such a great price! Way to GO Lindsay!!

I am trying to figure out what coupons you used. Imagining a few doublers and other tricks?? :)

I am actually sitting at my table with all my coupons planning my shopping trip for this week!

AOlson said...

I did that today too!!! I was SO proud of myself when I got home. I took a picture of all my stuff too. I was gonna post it and maybe I still will, but you did better than I did. I spent only $40 but had a reatil value of $190. Looks like I still need to learn some tricks from you.

Sarah said...

Awesome Job Lindsay! I was just looking at the Alberston's flyer and seeing that I needed to use up some cereal coupons. Let me know what you did for that. I have tons of pasta sauce still, so I don't need any more - but way to go. I'll know where to go if I ever run out and need to borrow some.:)

melanie said...

I'm so bitter we don't have an Albertson's here. Is it worth the drive down there? Maybe once school starts I can get all into this and only drag 2 kids with me. Or none at all would be the best scenario!

Amy said...

Loving the dorky coupon shopper post... good job!

Amy said...

p.s. I hate shopping with kids. especially coupon shopping.

tharker said...

I am so impressed!!!!

Kris said...

This is awesome Lindsay. I knew it made you happy when I picked up Carson and you were smiling from ear to ear about your good deals. Love how you organized all of your groceries. So fun!