20 May, 2009

On My Mind

**What I'm doing...
Subbing at the high school is where it is at! Ahh...this is so nice. You wouldn't think so, but it is. {I hope I'm not speaking too soon...}

**My newest hobby?
I am actually attempting to garden this year. This is completely out of my comfort zone, so hopefully it all works out and things actually grow. Seriously, I feel like "it takes a village" to get the garden up and running. I have been ultra-annoying with the questions, so a big thanks to those who have patiently dealt with me and my crazy.

** On my list of things to buy--a blender.
My blender broke. I'm so mad. How is it that I had a cheapie $10 blender that lasted for 9 years and probably still works today, but I got rid of it because I wanted something nicer, and yet I've gone through 2 really nice blenders in less than a year? Oh, blurg.

**Another thing to buy--a blackout shade for Chloe's room.
Waking up at 4:45 AM is not acceptable Chloe. I don't care if it's bright as can be in your room. She did go back to sleep...but then at 5:30 AM she was up and ready to party!

**My frustration--
Oh, and don't even get me started on Chloe's naps lately. I just don't get it. My other two were fabulous nappers. Carson still took naps in Kindergarten, for goodness sake! I've done everything I'm supposed to do, and she's still a horrid napper. She won't follow a schedule to save her life. Trust me, I've tried everything.

**What we are working on---
How to get Kaiya to move up the conversational ladder. Oh, how much I wish for her to feel comfortable enough to not be afraid of being heard!

**What we are battling---
An 8 year old's attitude. Lately everything is met with a sneer or a sigh. Also, his constant teasing Kaiya is getting so old. Not to mention all the talking back! We are constantly having talks about having a good attitude and respect. I really hope some of it's sinking in. I feel to young for this.

**What I'm looking forward to---
Alone time with Jared! The perfect weekend includes: having no schedule and just doing what I want to do when I want to do it, maybe seeing a few movies, having some avocado eggrolls in my belly, getting Cold Stone, trying some new places, and maybe a little sightseeing.

**What can't come soon enough---
Summer! I'm so excited to be done with the school schedule and have some relaxing summer days. I'm excited for the nicer weather too. I'm a "grass is greener on the other side" type of girl though, so I'm sure three weeks into vacation I'll be like, "Oh, I can't wait for school to start!"

16 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

Love the list! I hope subbing keeps going well today!

We have a blanket up over Katie's window and it is DARK in there. Some people have told us they thought that was weird... um no. She sleeps wonderfully! (Naps in general are changing a little though, drat)

PRP said...

I hear you loud and clear on most of those. And the early wake up explains why Chloe fell asleep ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL this morning at 8:30...poor pumpkin. She woke back up at the store and I just put her down again since she almost face planted in the high chair. Wish me luck!

Glad you're having a relaxing day. Mine was yesterday and it's the best!

AOlson said...

I can totally relate on some of these, especially on the 8 year old attitude. What's the deal? Contsantly picking on his sisters and not to mention he thinks he knows EVERYTHING. Maybe we should come up with a game plan together.

Jill said...

We have the same problem with Jack as you are with Carson. It's like strike of the bad attitude. He does stuff just to torture his sisters, and he's crankier than I ever remember. If you have any great ideas, I am all ears.

Kim said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to!!

I see no problem with getting a blackout shade for Chloe. I don't know why I haven't gotten one for myself. Sleep is essential...whatever it takes!!

Hope you guys have a great anniversary weekend. Have you planned your next trip to Idaho yet? :)

Kris said...

8 year olds think they are so cool. I have one too. Oh the joys. Your gardening sounds exciting. I really need to get going on mine too. THe blender story is hilarious. Where are you and Jared going this weekend? That sounds like it will be a perfect weekend!

Shayla said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only one battling an 8 year old with an attitude. I swear she's acting like a teenager already the way she talks back, stomps her feet and rolls her eyes at us. We are WAY too young for this!

Angie said...

I was really excited for my day with the kids...now I'm not so sure. hahahaha. Good thing I can match wits with Carson!

Amy said...

Ugh, the attitude! I agree... we're too young for this!
I'm right there with you on the room darkening shades. SO not okay. There is only one 5:30 in my day, and it's not in the a.m.
Thanks so much for taking Liah to ballet yesterday! That seriously made my life so much easier!

Sarah said...

Black out shades or dark curtains are a must for early risers. There's no guilt in tricking your kids to sleep longer.

Good luck with your gardening this summer. You are good at figuring things out so I'm sure it will turn out great.

stylist to the stars said...

I hear you sister! I can so relate to so many of these.

I hope you have a great weekend :)

Heather said...

4:45, it's not even light!?? Brick that window over if you have too!

Two bunheads said...

So excited you are doing a garden.....we will have to share lots of tips! I will post pictures of my garden and things I have learned. My garden is consuming my life...I am so obsessed with it! I haven't had a big garden in years so I feel like it is always an experiment.

Two bunheads said...

Just another thought on the 8 year old thing. Jenavieve is 9 and has went through the attitude thing and it sometimes pops up now and again. Have you heard of 'Love and Logic'. I tried it for awhile and like it. YOu should check it out if you haven't. Just google it.

Julie said...

I loved this! I feel ya on so many levels, especially on the garden thing!

Cali said...

I'm so glad the high schoolers are better. I was infuriated by the things those middle schoolers said. I don't want my kids exposed to that kinda stuff...ever! Love your list. So funny,because I just bought blackout shades for my kids room...and have also been dealing with alot of attitude from my little boys. I so relate to you!