I don't know what exactly inspired me this week, but I've been on a major cleaning/organizing kick.
Here's some of the "fun" stuff I've been up to this week:
Clean & organize the pantry. Not to toot my own horn, but it looks amazing. Seriously. Though I'm sure it has much to do with the fact it was a complete disaster before. Cans and boxes were all haphazardly placed throughout the pantry. Now it's organized and I even got little plastic baskets and containers for things.
Clean and organize the kitchen cabinets. I consolidated some of the junky cabinets and now I actually have empty cabinets!
Completely wash and organize the refrigerator. Yeah, our refrigerator was absolutely sick with grime. It was to the point I was embarrassed for anyone to open the refrigerator. Now it's spotless!
Assemble shoe shelves for our closet and organize shoes. Our shoes were currently in one huge pile on our closet floor. Now they are neatly lined up on shelves. It looks a little OCD but I love it!
Organize Chloe's bedroom. Okay, her room was the biggest dump. It has never really been organized. Ever. Since she was born. It was the catch-all room where we would just put stuff if we didn't know where else to put it. Her closet had a gazillion random boxes and things in it. Plus I put all the old, outgrown items into boxes to be put out into the garage.
Work on Carson's Baptism Scrapbook. This isn't quite done yet, but it almost is. Usually something like this would take forever for me to start, much less complete.
Put Kids' miscellaneous school papers in binders. Again, not completely finished, but almost. This is a victory, in and of itself.
So I guess that's about it. I am rarely this productive so I had to share it with everyone. Yeah, when it comes to cleaning, I'm about 5 years old and apparently I need recognition from others to tell me, "Good job, Lindsay! I knew you could do it! That's terrific!"
23 comments:
Good job LIndsay. I knew you could do it. You're terrific.
Wow, it sounds like you got so much done! I would totally feel good about myself too if I'd accomplished so much! I'm currently trying to tidy up the whole house and organize things. It feels so good to have a clean and organized house and not have to see things left and right that need done, that just weighs on me and gets me down. Then I have to tell myself that if I can just keep everything tidy in the first place it won't get so bad!
Wow, something weird has happened. You are cleaning and organizing, and I haven't been motivated whatsoever to do any sort of projects...even organizing. Not to say that I am a neat freak (or even a major cleaner)! I think you took it from me!
Oh, by the way, good job Lindsay!
Sounds like the nesting instinct coming through. I've had a little of it, but nothing like you. I love opening cupboards and going into rooms that I have just organized, Great Job!!
Wow! You are more motivated than I have been lately-send some energy this way !! :)
Jared stole my comment.
I'll toot your horn! That is awesome Lindsay! WAY to GO! You are a cleaning DIVA!
I love having those cleaning/organizing weeks! It just takes the first job (or two) and I get energized and keep going from project to project.
All that's missing is your pictures!
so, can you come do my house next:) i love organized cupboards and closets too and it takes a major energy boost to get me to do it.
you definitely deserve to be proud of yourself.
wow! jared's gonna have to really up your allowance now. good job!
Yeah, Kim. That is really weird YOU don't feel like doing projects and organizing. I think we are having a Freaky Friday moment.
Jared stole my comment, too. Where did you get our shoe shelves? I'm craving an OCD closet . . .
Wow! I am so impressed! WTG!
That is just awesome. I need some of your motivation at my house. I have so many things that need to be organized. You go girl.
It's okay to toot your own horn, you've been one busy lady! Wow, I wish I could be motivated like that for a week and get things like that done. I bet it feels great!
Isn't it the best feeling? I love it! You went a lot further with this than me so now you've inspired me to get back to it.
Good job. I knew you could do it. You're terrific.
My hero. I have been trying to get rid of random papers I have lying around...I thought that was pretty good.
That is awesome Lindsay! It sounds like we have been in the same mood thats what I have been doing over at my house too! Good job Lindsay!
So, if you're still in a organizing mood when your stuff's done, will you come to my house?
must be something in the air....I just cleaned out my pantry and refrigerator too. Feels amazing.
Keep up all this work and you'll be off the hook when 'Spring Cleaning' time comes around!
wow! doesn;t that make you feel so great?!
I think everybody loves to hear what a good job they have done, I am sure it all looks amazing!
I've been going nuts too. I have no excuse anymore since I'm not pregnant.
I am very jealous...maybe you are bringing spring on! Well pat yourself on the back, sounds like you have been very busy and won't be stuck inside spring cleaning when it finally arrives.
Post a Comment