03 November, 2008

Halloween 2008

For Halloween this year, Carson decided to be Harry Potter, Kaiya wanted to be Belle, and Chloe was a flower.


Between Carson's School Halloween Carnival, the Ward Trunk-or-Treat, Kaiya's school party, trick-or-treating at Uptown, and trick-or-treating in the neighborhood, it was one massive week of partying.

Here's the kids at Uptown with friends...


And with more friends...
Chloe was not exactly thrilled with her Halloween costume. Unfortunately, I loved it because I thought she looked adorable. Therefore, she was stuck wearing it several times this last week and always looked like this...


Occasionally, between Chloe trying to pull the flower off her head or looking all dejected and miserable, she'd give a smile or two...


Angie and Qiana joined us for trick-or-treating in the neighborhood on Halloween night. Isn't Qiana the cutest little lamb you've ever seen!


Here's Chloe after a long night of trick-or-treating...


Carson starting to eat all of his loot...


Kaiya stuffing her mouth with candy...


It turned out to be a nice Halloween. The weather was great, the kids were happy, and we spent some good family time together.

Fast forward a few days though, and now we are suffering from "Halloween Hangover." The kids have been eating candy galore and staying up late. Yesterday at church Kaiya threw the mother of all temper tantrums. {Lack of sleep and running on sugar will do that to you.} She decided to bring a "purse" {bag} to church which we said was fine because she was to put her scriptures and a few books in it. Then when we were at church we discovered that not only was the purse not holding scriptures or books, she decided to put a play phone, little pillow, stuffed frog, and some make-up in it. If any of you heard a phone ringing followed by a scuffle to get said phone out of a screaming girl's hands, that was us.

Needless to say, we will be getting rid of our Halloween candy very soon. I can only stand a few days of candy gorging and sugar-induced tantrums. Yep, the party's over!

13 comments:

Kris said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. The costumes on your kids are adorable. I hear you about the whole Halloween Hangover. Then to not have school today on top of that?? Aaaah!

Jan said...

Cute cute cute Lindsay. We have candy from 2 years ago. I couldn't believe it. We didn't go many places just because of that reason.

Amy said...

Carson's Harry Potter costume turned out great!

Kim said...

That smile of Chloe's is to die for!! All the costumes turned out so great. I feel like I'm on candy overload and I didn't even go trick-or-treating. Well, now onto Thanksgiving...we've got to start planning our menu!

Cali said...

Chloe in that costume is so cute. I had to laugh out loud.

Sarah said...

I would love to just throw all of our extra candy away - but I think there would be a serious uprising in our family!

Your kids all looked so good. Carson made a great Harry Potter.

Kate said...

wow, thats a lot in a week!! yikes! But everyone looked so cute :)

Lisa said...

Your kids look great. We had fun at Uptown with you. Thanks.

I couldn't hear Kaiya's tantrum over my own kids crying. Sounds like it was one of those Sundays for both of us.

stylist to the stars said...

The kids looke so cute Lindsay.

polka dots said...

Looks like a WHOLE LOT OF CANDY! Love the flower costume. Your kids are cute Lindsay.

mumovearls said...

I'm with you! I hid ALL the Candy! The costumes are Adorable!-Nena

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Jared and Linds, looks like you guys had a great Halloween. And Jared, Heather and I were dying of laughter when we read your earlier entry about girl's Halloween costumes. Yeah, what is up with all the slutty outfits?

Sara said...

The kids looked adorable and it was great to see you at uptown. Happy Halloween!