Plus, my boo's blowin' up my pager with 911 sayin' I need to drop some more science on the blog. I'm like "Who bangin? I have to work 24/7 to pay for this wackness! I don't have time!"
OK, fine, just quit givin' me static.
Anyway, here's what $2,800 gets you >>
Lindsay goes in for her postpartum check and we're thinking it's all good in the hood. You know - get the beebee checked out, show 'em how good she eats, sign a few autographs - and then boom! back to the hotel. Well...naw playa. My sweet bumblebee Chloe ended up with some serious jaundice and my Boo's milk supply had yet to drop. They were going to have to admit them back to the hospital.
Ok, ok, I know jaundice is fairly common among the younglings and there are way more serious things, but taking it to this level was actually very scary. Plus: Bad news and my baby's momma are like oil and water -- no mixy. One time it took me 3 days just to tell her I forgot to renew her Creating Keepsakes subscription, so you can imagine the drama this caused.
The worst part about it was the raunch who gave her the post check. She was like "Her skin's really yellow! You should have brought her in waaaay before today!" Lindsay's like: "You know we're Asian, right? Our skin's always yellow."
Then hooch nurse got really snarky: "Her jaundice level is at a 19.5 - did you know brain damage starts when it hits 20?!"
Seriously, did you work at Les Schwab before this? You know what I'm talking about, right? You roll in just wanting your tires rotated and Gus comes out of the shop "Uh, Did you know all 4 of your tires need to be replaced? Yeah, they're so worn it's actually illegal for me to let you back on the road. You probably wouldn't even make it back to the freeway. Your car will probably ignite and burst into flames." And the you're like "Oh my gosh, you're right, I NEED TIRES RIGHT NOW!"
Well, I wanted to suplex her through the table, but we admit Chloe and of course, Lindsay's in straight freak mode. They've got our baby under the heat lamp, IV hookups, pricking her for blood all the time and there was nothing we could do but wait.If you've seen baby photos from our other childrens then you'd be thinking the same we were. "Whaaa, one of our kids can't eat?" Don't believe me? See Exhibit A and B to the left.
A normal size man could survive a week on one of their cheeks, or at least a few days off the fat pads on one of their hands.
Chloe - didn't mind it one bit. In fact, she thought she was straight ballin', like she's at some day spa or something. Look at her with her stunna shades on, maxin' under the heat lamp. She doesn't even have to work to get food - it just goes in her body through a tube. Oh, when's your mud bath and your pedicure? Whatever.Lindsay, on the other hand – not having a good time. She's basically stuck there the whole time trying to get her teeters working so she can nurse Chloe. And it wasn't just the average "Ok, looks like your baby's awake. Let's try and feed her again." Nah, playa, she got the full nine on this one.
Lindsay's 3-hour routine: Wake up Chloe { way harder than it sounds }, Nurse both sides for 20-30 minutes each, Bottle feed for 15 minutes, Pump 15-20 minutes each side, Clean the pump supplies, Rinse, Repeat. No breaks. No naps. Yeah, if dairy cows had to watch a video of that they'd be like, "Wow, what a sucky life."
The biggest slap in the face came when Lindsay got ready to eat. Nurse is like: "Just so you know, since Chloe is the patient, your cafeteria meals will not be included during your stay." Oh, that's fine. We'll pay for the French dip and the fruit platter - no problem, but does this mean Chloe's IV is covered?
My favorite part of Lindsay's routine was the ghetto way she iced the lovelies. She basically just stuffed ice chips into those rubber blue surgical gloves and crammed them under her bra – Niiiiiiiiice and classy-like. { Sorry, no pic for that, but you can catch the live show in Vegas next summer. }
My least favorite part { and definitely hers as well } were the new roommates the night before we checked out. Yeah, every other room is full, so we had to share that tiny space with another family. And when I say "family" I mean the mom, the baby, mom's mom, mom's sister and her 2 kids, mom's friends, mom's yoga instructor – you get the point. I remember walking in the room after work and I was like "Cool! Garage Sale!" and then had to weave my way to the other side to see Lindsay. Never at any point were there less than 7 people there at any one time. We got served on that one.
The only bright spot during that time was a surprise visit from good ol' St. Nick. Oh sweet, thanks Santa. A teddy bear! Wow, that's just what our one week old baby was asking for. Cool, maybe we'll sell it on eBay and make enough to pay for 45 seconds of our hospital stay. Well, Merry Christmas to you too. Yeah, I was going to say, hold our baby, please. Breathe on her with your whisky breath and make sure she touches your mangy beard. Ohhh, wow.Well, needless to say we got out. I had to also rent a pump for a few weeks until the milk supply was in full effect. It's hard to believe looking at Chloe now that, for at least a brief period of time, she couldn't nurse. I mean, look at those cheeks. And, it looks like she ate so much in this photo that she literally is FULL.
Come on, Chloe, a milk bubble? Really?
Great news: Lindsay called Kadlec and it turns out they hadn't billed the insurance yet, even though they had our information.Phew! Good thing. That's a lot of money to pay for some boob action.
I'm out.
21 comments:
Seriously, Jared, you need to be getting paid for this. The whole time I read this Bill was like, "What? What's funny?" It takes a LOT to get me to laugh out loud while reading, but you, "playa" get the laughs rollin' every time.
I second that! I actually woke Karl up while I was reading this because I was laughing so hard! So, he made me go back and read it to him. He was laughing his rear off! Thanks for the laugh and glad you got it all worked out:)
Seriously.
Seriously.
I don't even have words.
Glad you're back.
I agree with alicia you need to be getting paid for this! Too funny!
Laugh
Snort
Thanks
LOVE it! Jared, really, how do you do it??
What a way to start my day. Too funny!
i bet lindsay's lovin' all this praise huh? hahahahaa. you may be funny but you also wear really short shorts...so guess who's laughin now.
they were not nutters! I was sitting down!
Hilarious! Love the pic of Chloe blowing milk bubbles and those cute chubby cheeks.
I've come back and read this at least 3 times. Jared. You are so funny!
There are so many great lines in this post, I don't even know where to start.
But I will say, that I LOVED Angie's comment and your reply Jared. You and Lindsay know all about my scarred childhood with my dad sportin those puppies.
Lindsay,
I know that those were some really rough days, but I am just SO thankful that Jared was able to bring out the humor. I'm sure you appreciated the references to teeters and lovelies. Can I just be a fly on the wall at the Bates house? I know it's a fun place to be!
Oh my gosh Jared. I'm sitting here in my office crying because I'm laughing so damn hard! You have a gift, my friend, for words. The guys probably think I'm sitting in here by myself going crazy. Fricken HYSTERICAL!!
This is the most hillarious thing I have read!! Can't wait for Kevin to get home so he can read it too!! You are so funny. You guys should do some sort of reality television or at least a stand up act!!
I had no idea! And I can't believe that nurse. bogaso.
can't. stop. laughing.
Jared. You got skills. Hilarious!
so funny...no pressure.
I'm sorry that you guys had to go through such a rough time with Chloe in the hospital. Not fun! Glad she's doing better, and I hope that bill gets reduced a lot!
That was hilarious!! Who knew something that stressful could be written up so funny. I love the pictures of Chloe tanning. She looks mighty comfortble!
I enjoyed reading this post, however I could sympathize with Lindsay and her milk issues! So frustrating!!! It sounds like things have improved greatly. Love the pic of Chloe with the milk bubble.
Wow...I had no idea that all happaned! I am so sorry! Sad! I remember when Marlee was in the hospital over Christmas...it was so terrible! Glad everyone is doing better!
Post a Comment